Camp Jeep Italy September 12th – 14th 2014

stewart

• Administrators

[smg id=1113 type= full align=left]

There is a new and exciting official Jeep event to be held this September in Italy JOC will be attending the event! So if you fancy a run down to Italy in September please add your name to the list!

Here are the Full details:

DATE: September 12th – 14th  2014

MOOD: Off road, fun, freedom to drive

TARGET:  Any  kind of Jeeper: from newbies to hardcore drivers

Expected participation: 500 Jeeps,  with up to 1,000 people

RULE: only Jeeps can drive on trails!

ACTIVITIES:

-              OFF ROAD TRACKS, 3 levels of driving difficulties:  easy, medium and hard – for standard, lightly and heavily modified vehicles respectively + specific technical obstacles

-              TEST DRIVE of new models: Cherokee KL and Renegade

-              JEEP ACADEMY SESSIONS

-              CLASSIC JEEP show

-              Extra activities: Jeep by night, food & wine tasting tour, quad riding

-              THE JEEP COUNTY: Food and beverage in «Jeep style» bbq, grill, etc; Concerts (country and rock bands), awards, JOG Merchandising sale, Mopar presence, Partners exhibition area, kids activities (Micro Jeep track and race)

ENTRANCE COST:  130€ per car

Registration link http://campjeepita.jeep.com/en/

Attendee's

[*]Stewart

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[smg id=1114 type=preview align=right]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stewart

• GeePee

• djmones

• Greggster

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Platinum Member
ClubTShirt

That's a shame, it's the same weekend as Birtys 10th anniversary and from Parma it's only a short train ride south to my family's home town

• Administrators

That's a real shame :icon_e_sad:  Just had confirmation today it was going ahead so sorry for the late notice !

I Best book a ferry! or train  :scratch: if we can get a small group together we can book though the Club and maybe get better price?

• Platinum Member

Shame. I'm in Southern Spain then else I'd love to go. It's only 12 hours ('ish) from Calais and less 1/3 the cost of last week's EJJ.

:-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

• Platinum Member

Almost like the old Euro Camp Jeep annual events I used to attend all over Europe back in 2005 - 2009 before Chrysler went bust. Great events in those days over 4-5 days duration. Amazing atmosphere with Jeepers from all over and very well organised.

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

• Platinum Member

Almost like the old Euro Camp Jeep annual events I used to attend all over Europe back in 2005 - 2009 before Chrysler went bust. Great events in those days over 4-5 days duration. Amazing atmosphere with Jeepers from all over and very well organised.

Totally agree Graham. Apart from the last in Germany, which we could have done in Jane's PT Cruiser, the previous years were all superb!

• Administrators

Well who knows next year maybe ? But I know Italy is just this years event and a very good price too so re arrange  your diaries as I reckon this will be amazing !

• Platinum Member

Totally agree Graham. Apart from the last in Germany, which we could have done in Jane's PT Cruiser, the previous years were all superb!

Yes that was tame. Never got out of 2 wheel drive, but the organisation, entertainment and Jeep camaraderie was all there. It was memorable for me as it was part of a 3000 mile road trip with my son taking in most of Europe North from Denmark as far South as Ibiza and back to Blighty.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Anyone? There are limited Spaces allocated for each country !

Now that is a deal compared to the EU Jamboree where it was around €500 mark plus fuel costs and food on top of that.

I would love to go but I just maxed out my credit cards from the Jamboree, haha. I'll be lucky to save up for a Xmas Chicken Dinner at KFC

• Administrators

Now that is a deal compared to the EU Jamboree where it was around €500 mark plus fuel costs and food on top of that.

I would love to go but I just maxed out my credit cards from the Jamboree, haha. I'll be lucky to save up for a Xmas Chicken Dinner at KFC

Yes I thought it was expensive so we gave it a miss as so many things on this year! Can't do them all!

Would love to go, just not possible due to work commitments.  :grrrrrr:

Maybe next year :scratch:

• Administrators

Would love to go, just not possible due to work commitments.  :grrrrrr:

Maybe next year :scratch:

Next year should be somewhere else hopefully the UK! But who knows?

Yes I thought it was expensive so we gave it a miss as so many things on this year! Can't do them all!

Now that being said...it was very, very well organised, the food was restaurant quality and the craic was great but it was dear....it will take me a few to pay off the credit card off for that trip, haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
Andy - Marketing Comms

Hi all,

I am Andy Sarson, Marketing Communications at Jeep UK.

With regard to the Camp Jeep event next month, if I could negotiate a special deal for a group of you to attend, would  you be interested?

There will be three off-road courses - easy, medium and hard - and I understand they are trying to make the hard course the European 'equivalent' of Rubicon Trail.

Hi all,

With regard to the Camp Jeep event next month, if I could negotiate a special deal for a group of you to attend, would  you be interested?

There will be three off-road courses - easy, medium and hard - and I understand they are trying to make the hard course the European 'equivalent' of Rubicon Trail.

Would it include free fuel? haha  :icon_lol:

I would love to go, it really looks beautiful and fun but for myself I'm paying down my credit cards from Jamboree

On a related note however: Will there be an on-site garage for repairs? That was one thing I did like about the Jamboree as they had an actual garage which had many parts, welding, de-install/re-install for Jeeps that suffered breakage on the trails for a relatively good price.

• Platinum Member

Hi all,

Personally I would like to go but already planned other things.

Jeep didn't give people alot of time or it was advertised very well.

Most people work for a company and sort there holidays out far in advance, Jeep would have been better offering it for next May/June giving people time to plan and obviously save, its not going to be a cheap event to do in a Jeep, I'm sure you would have got alot more people interested

not sure if this is the same place some dealers may have been too in the past but I've spoke to someone I know who went to northern Italy for Jeep a while ago, They said it was a excellent place.

Try and give more notice next time,

• Administrators

Yes it is short notice I agree it's a shame as I know many of you would like to have gone!

Yes it is short notice I agree it's a shame as I know many of you would like to have gone!

Hopefully next year we will get a bit more notice and more of us can attend.

Take lots of pics while your there......

• Platinum Member
Chris Redford

I would love to have done this but have booked my wife a holiday starting the 17th (and I have to go with her!!).

I did a very similar Jeep Camp International in Italy during 2003 in my (then) 1996 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0 ltr and would go again based on that experience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Last night Dover now in Italy ready for tomorrow. ! Amazing drive down through some of the longest tunnels via Switzerland !

image.thumb.jpg.03134df06f4c73af8e27ccb33d1e94e6.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.bb066e951ce8f034f3947b739ff1d974.jpg