RockAuto - Incorrect item - Anyone had experience?

Chris85

• Platinum Member

So,

Ordered some brake pads from RockAuto recently. Bought a set of front pads in January and had them fitted, no issues. Ordered a set of rear pads a few weeks later, same brand but labelled for rear instead of front. Having taken the JL in to the garage this morning to have them fitted im told they are too small.

Im running a factory setup for wheels, discs etc so wondering where I stand in terms of the 'incorrect' product. 

The pads in question are these.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=10323896&cc=3442238&pt=1684&jsn=1

image.png.6fec6443e3a4926866adbfdcd6be96a6.png

I understand that RockAuto have a pretty non-existent customer services facility due to their business structure but im pretty frustrated that these apparently do not fit.

Any thoughts? Happy to be told im wrong and ordered the wrong parts but from all I can tell it would seem that something is wrong here.

Cheers, 

• Platinum Member

I have actually found their customer service to be good. If you have ordered the wrong parts then you will either have to return them at your expense or take the hit on the mistake. If RockAuto have sent something different to what you have ordered they usually just send the correct parts to you straight away. I have bought hundreds of parts over the years from them and always had damaged items replaced without returns. I have only ordered wrong parts once and sold them on eBay in the UK and just about covered my loss for my mistake.

EU models can have differences to US models. On older Cherokees, the US model brake servo is different to the EU model of the same age. My Ford 8.8 axle was from a US model Explorer. It has different calipers (and brake pads) than the EU model that is almost identical. It is always best to cross reference the part numbers with as many others so that you can be sure you have the correct part. RockAuto are good at listing Mopar part numbers and numbers for other brands. These can be used to check with UK sources before ordering.

• Platinum Member
4 minutes ago, V said:

I have actually found their customer service to be good. If you have ordered the wrong parts then you will either have to return them at your expense or take the hit on the mistake. If RockAuto have sent something different to what you have ordered they usually just send the correct parts to you straight away. I have bought hundreds of parts over the years from them and always had damaged items replaced without returns. I have only ordered wrong parts once and sold them on eBay in the UK and just about covered my loss for my mistake.

EU models can have differences to US models. On older Cherokees, the US model brake servo is different to the EU model of the same age. My Ford 8.8 axle was from a US model Explorer. It has different calipers (and brake pads) than the EU model that is almost identical. It is always best to cross reference the part numbers with as many others so that you can be sure you have the correct part. RockAuto are good at listing Mopar part numbers and numbers for other brands. These can be used to check with UK sources before ordering.

Yeah, I fully accept that there may be an element of error on my part. The frustrating thing is, I purchased the same brand for front pads and they fit fine, so went back to the site, found the same brand pads that said 'rear' and ordered.

Ive emailed their services team and will see what they come back with. 

• Platinum Member

If you can find out what the cross-fit is (perhaps on something popular in Europe) you could sell them on eBay. Corsa B front pads are the same as Jaguar (something) rear pads.

• Platinum Member

I have only heard good things of their customer service. Not sure how they do when not their fault kind of thing. 

With any parts check for US versus UK spec. I found on my 14 JK that the front discs and pads were bigger and basically similar to US aftermarket "upgrades" 

so I upgraded my 2013 JK and being from the US put it down to us having pedestrians walking everywhere thus the better need to stop😝 

• Platinum Member
6 minutes ago, Volant165 said:

I have only heard good things of their customer service. Not sure how they do when not their fault kind of thing. 

With any parts check for US versus UK spec. I found on my 14 JK that the front discs and pads were bigger and basically similar to US aftermarket "upgrades" 

so I upgraded my 2013 JK and being from the US put it down to us having pedestrians walking everywhere thus the better need to stop😝 

Thanks Volant

As mentioned, im fully accepting that this may be my own negligence of not checking US vs UK spec.

Will do what V suggested and sell these on Ebay and go from there.