Why didn't Jeep foresee my stupidity?

jeepstertim

• Platinum Member

I have been impressed by how quiet the 3.6 is at idle. Not anymore....

1900hrs last night I parked in my basement, unpacked what little shopping I had, locked the JTR and left. 0530hrs this morning I went down to the jeep to go to work and to my surprise the headlights were on...so was the engine. I had left the thing on idle for the best part of 10 hrs!

So Jeep....it's obviously your fault, in this day and age, that the engine wasn't rough or noisy enough for me to notice I'd been a complete Twunt and left it running (the basement does have extractor fans whirring).

joking aside, it didn't bing at me as I got out and without the key, I'm surprised it didn't shut itself down after a period of time.

Anyway, no harm done, car warm when I got in and I'll be sure to double check from now on!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

• Platinum Member

Good job you live somewhere where petrol is cheap as chips then Tim! I agree the 3.6 is a lovely quiet engine, especially when new. Back when I first got my JKUR the 3.6 was fairly rare it was only available as a special order and even most dealers didn't know about it. I drove it to a TJ dealer one day where it aroused some interest, one of the guys said "is that an actual V6 Rubicon" to which one of his colleagues replied "yes it is because you can't hear it"

Edited by TimC
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

I made the same mistake with my 2021 GC CRD 3.0lĀ  Parked it up and did a bit of shopping came back to find that the engine was still running as forgot to switch it off.Ā  If we had a key ignition that would not happen!

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
7 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I made the same mistake with my 2021 GC CRD 3.0lĀ  Parked it up and did a bit of shopping came back to find that the engine was still running as forgot to switch it off.Ā  If we had a key ignition that would not happen!

Just gotta love modern technology šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

Dropped my wife off at the shops, drove a couple of miles out of town, turned the engine off and went to a meeting. When I set off for home, I realised my wife had the key with her when she went shopping. I had to walk home to get my key, and back again to the car! Because I didn't put it in park when she got out, there was no warning 'Bing' as the key fob left the car (along with Elvis?) Perhaps I could blame Jeep, too? Should have left the engine running ā€¦ā€¦

Ā