Chambon sur Jeep 2022 Cancelled again.

Wildjeeper62

1 hour ago, doodle said:

We will survive...

We will persuade Chris to come.. he cannot miss a good event....😁

Hilarious typo by me saying I don’t speak English 😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doodle said:

I've got the email. Just ahvjt paid yet. 

I've reserved a hotel down the road as not sure she'll camp and plus havnt got any bits so...

I have kit, but if the Mrs can be persuaded to come it probably means camping not an option.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Don't worry about the typo 😁  I thought it was me!

We have a new posting for this event kindly sorted by Doodle ''Belgium Jeeper days'' 

As for camping I could yet opt for hotel etc. I'll see if I gain a passenger etc.

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, doodle said:

We will survive...

We will persuade Chris to come.. he cannot miss a good event....😁

Paul,

I don't need to be persuaded I am the one who told you guys about these events. 😄

I only found out this weekend (as I worked on nights) that one of my colleagues will cover my Monday so I am definitely going. I already filled the Booking forms and they sent me their Club IBAN Number for International Bank Transfer so I will pay them on Monday. 

I am not sure if I will go Camping as Belgium in Mid September might be wet and chilli at night. Also the site of the Castle (Chateau Cherimont) where people are welcome to Camp will only be opened on Friday and Saturday and the Camp site will close at 18:00 on the Sunday. So if you fancy staying to the event until the end on the Sunday evening you might want to stay in a local B&B that Sunday night. This is what I intend to do.

I don't speak Belgium nor Dutch but French comes easily to me for some reason so I can always help talking to the Natives or translating stuff (I am cheap I only take beer tokens 😄)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wildjeeper62 said:

Paul,

I don't need to be persuaded I am the one who told you guys about these events. 😄

I only found out this weekend (as I worked on nights) that one of my colleagues will cover my Monday so I am definitely going. I already filled the Booking forms and they sent me their Club IBAN Number for International Bank Transfer so I will pay them on Monday. 

I am not sure if I will go Camping as Belgium in Mid September might be wet and chilli at night. Also the site of the Castle (Chateau Cherimont) where people are welcome to Camp will only be opened on Friday and Saturday and the Camp site will close at 18:00 on the Sunday. So if you fancy staying to the event until the end on the Sunday evening you might want to stay in a local B&B that Sunday night. This is what I intend to do.

I don't speak Belgium nor Dutch but French comes easily to me for some reason so I can always help talking to the Natives or translating stuff (I am cheap I only take beer tokens 😄)

Belgian beer tokens can be rated potent IIRC!

• Platinum Member
9 minutes ago, Wildjeeper62 said:

Paul,

🤣

Beer tokens in bound..

• Platinum Member
5 hours ago, digger said:

Hi UKTJ,

I've booked for camping which is probably what I will do. I thought it looked  pretty good value overall. .  Food (which will probably be good) 3 nights camp, events and a live show. So , in answer to your question, by then I hope to be healthy enough to camp and will do so unless the weather forecast is awful.  In which case I would find find a BnB and accept the extra bill. At my age I don't want a huge lot of effort and wish to take it easy. My thoughts are to drive to somewhere close to Dover (4-5hours) and stay in a travel inn. Go across next day and drive most of the way on the day before registration or maybe on the day of it. Return  is undecided.  I might go straight back, stick around Belgium or cut over into France and take a leisurely trip back staying a couple more nights or so. It depends whether or not anyone wants to passenger or whether I'm solo (Applicants welcome to apply) My French is rusty but I had a house there for 20 odd years so , with luck I'll get along. My feeling is , if i'm going that far I must try some local places,restaurants etc while I'm there!

Digger,

When we have done Chambon before - we stayed at this travel lodge.. just around corner from ferry, caught the 07:00 ish ferry and then trump on down some 400 miles for the night 

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/640/Dover-hotel?utm_source=google&utm_medium=GHA_Organic&utm_campaign=GHA_Dover&GHA_Organic

• Like 1