Chambon sur Jeep 2022 Cancelled again.

Wildjeeper62

• Platinum Member

Hi Guys,

It is with sadness that I must share the bad News.

The JeepAOC posted on their Facebook page earlier this morning that due to so much uncertainty for the coming months they have been forced to cancelled their Chambon sur Jeep event for the third year on a trot.

I cannot speak for them but I would be really surprised that they will ever be able to organise another event at such huge scale (500 + Jeeps attendance coming from all over Europe + spectators).

They need Authorisation from the local government and unfortunately I know that the French authorities are no more "helpful" than the British ones, even more so since Covid started.

Sorry for all who were planing to attend this year.

Chris

Chambon 2022 Cancelled.jpg

• Sad 2

• Platinum Member

Damn!  Thanks for the info WJ.  👎

Are there any other European events this year? Does any one  know?

• Platinum Member

I would like to go to an event in France between 13th July and 17th July but all will depend of the travelling restrictions.

I went there two years ago and it was brilliant but it is not an easy site, I almost rolled in two occasions but I finished 3rd in the Challenge Hard.

It's just under 8 hours drive from Calais so it should be hot and sunny in July which is good as it is Camping on site. 

The village is called Saint Syphorien de Marmagne but there is a nice little town called Le Creusot few miles away where I am sure it is possible to find hotels or B&Bs.

Edited by Wildjeeper62
  • Like 2

• Platinum Member

Waiting for a status update on the European Jeep Jamboree in June. 

Unfortunately they are up against the same challenges with local authorities and Covid challenges.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Platinum Member
22 hours ago, Wildjeeper62 said:

I would like to go to an event in France between 13th July and 17th July but all will depend of the travelling restrictions.

I went there two years ago and it was brilliant but it is not an easy site, I almost rolled in two occasions but I finished 3rd in the Challenge Hard.

It's just under 8 hours drive from Calais so it should be hot and sunny in July which is good as it is Camping on site. 

The village is called Saint Syphorien de Marmagne but there is a nice little town called Le Creusot few miles away where I am sure it is possible to find hotels or B&Bs.

Chris

Was looking at going to this this year- but alas i think its just as easy to think it wont happen.

really bummed about Chambon again but it is for the best- the next event will be awesome!

Gives me a chance to try and get the Jeeps sorted though!

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Yes Paul it is a shame but they know they won't get the authorisation so no point leaving it to the last minute.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

News about Jeep Events in Europe this Summer:

For those of you who want to venture abroad for a Jeep Event this year there is a couple which I believe are worth the drive.

The first one is at Saint Syphorien de Marmagne from Thursday 14th to Sunday 17th July. It's about 08 hours drive from Calais so you must include one day to go and one day to come back. It's camping on site but possibility to stay in B&B or hotel in town nearby.

587742553_JeepsWeek2022.thumb.jpg.d4c5b34f969b6be5a6a4bc58f5957ec8.jpg

The second one is in Andenne near Namur in Belgium from Friday 16th to Sunday 18th September. It's just under 3 hours drive from Calais. It's camping on site but possibility to stay in B&B or hotel in town nearby.

I already booked and paid for the first one and I will book the second one once I am sure to have the time off work. All details and booking forms are on Facebook.

889187309_BelgianJeepersDays2022.thumb.jpg.ffee44c459bb421fa5d545244a35c035.jpg

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
23 minutes ago, Wildjeeper62 said:

News about Jeep Events in Europe this Summer:

For those of you who want to venture abroad for a Jeep Event this year there is a couple which I believe are worth the drive.

The first one is at Saint Syphorien de Marmagne from Thursday 14th to Sunday 17th July. It's about 08 hours drive from Calais so you must include one day to go and one day to come back. It's camping on site but possibility to stay in B&B or hotel in town nearby.

587742553_JeepsWeek2022.thumb.jpg.d4c5b34f969b6be5a6a4bc58f5957ec8.jpg

The second one is in Andenne near Namur in Belgium from Friday 16th to Sunday 18th September. It's just under 3 hours drive from Calais. It's camping on site but possibility to stay in B&B or hotel in town nearby.

I already booked and paid for the first one and I will book the second one once I am sure to have the time off work. All details and booking forms are on Facebook.

889187309_BelgianJeepersDays2022.thumb.jpg.ffee44c459bb421fa5d545244a35c035.jpg

Cheers Chris, the first one was on the cards and if closer to the next week may have been possible but planning to drive to Portugal then.. 

like the idea of the second one though 

• Platinum Member
14 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

Is there typical much of a rturn out from the UK at European events?

At this one there was about 540 the year before COVID - lol sorry not 540 UK.  There was about 5x in our group, the odd other person that went and left early after he scratched is jeep I think 

Cannot say for the others. Alphonse went last year, trophy winner 🏆, to the first event he has said as an alternative...

Edited by doodle

• Platinum Member

I was really looking forward to Chambon and going to France again!  I  will look into the event in September in Belgium. At this moment I am very interested. I've never been to Belgium  and its a much shorter journey for me in the YJ. 

Any other info on the event? Anyone else interested?

Forgot. I am told there are 4x4 events in Normandy this year but have found little. Any one have the knowledge?

Edited by digger
addition

• Platinum Member

Jeep-Heep-Heep in Crans Montana, Switzerland may be on again in September. It is a competitive trial of sorts if taken seriously, or it's just an enjoyable weekend driving on unsealed mountain tracks between what would be ski slopes in the winter. There are lots of spectators which can be a bit unsettling if you are not used to performing in front of a crowd.

As far as I know, this is the only off road event held in Switzerland. Some of the obstacles are very challenging and are there purely for goading the most competitive individuals that are there to win. There's no shame in choosing the bypasses when appropriate. The evening BBQ is an event in itself and very Swiss with lots of wurst sausage. I ate my first weisswurst hotdog at a Jeep-Heep-Heep which introduced me to a group of Swiss/German jeepers that were from the region I was living in. I met up with some of them again a year later at an event I organised in Moab. Being able to converse in French is a definite advantage for this event, particularly when on the course. I got by on a just a little bit of German mixed with English.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hi Digger,

This is the Hyperlink for the event in Belgium in September. I am 90% sure of going, just waiting confirmation that I have the Monday off work.

For the 3 days with free camping, breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, Evening dinner on Saturday with one passenger and buying a couple of T.Shirts that will cost me 235 Euros. 

https://event4x4offroadbelgium.wordpress.com/for-three-days/

I have no infos about events in Normandy but if I hear something I will let you know.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
21 hours ago, doodle said:

At this one there was about 540 the year before COVID - lol sorry not 540 UK.  There was about 5x in our group, the odd other person that went and left early after he scratched is jeep I think 

Cannot say for the others. Alphonse went last year, trophy winner 🏆, to the first event he has said as an alternative...

Who's Alphonse ? 😄

Paul I forgot to mention something that would probably interest you as much as the Off Roading at the Belgium event in September. On the Saturday afternoon there will be Clay Shooting for an extra 35 Euros per person.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
19 minutes ago, Wildjeeper62 said:

Who's Alphonse ? 😄

Paul I forgot to mention something that would probably interest you as much as the Off Roading at the Belgium event in September. On the Saturday afternoon there will be Clay Shooting for an extra 35 Euros per person.

Tbh not sure who he is. Some random nice chap I met once..

Oh like the idea of clays as well. 

• Platinum Member

I thought you would. Use the link I enclosed above and it's all well detailed Paul.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, Wildjeeper62 said:

I thought you would. Use the link I enclosed above and it's all well detailed Paul.

form submitted- so we shall see!

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hi all,

WJ / Doodle thankyou for all the info you have provided.

I have registered for the  ''Belgian Jeeper's Days''  in September.

I thought it looked good and it suits me as its farther into the future. So who else is up for it, it looks gr8 for everyone and its not that far from the tunnel! If an oldie like me can do it in a YJ, so can you!

Perhaps we should start a new post with a different heading?

Edited by digger
add
  • Like 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, digger said:

Hi all,

I thought it looked good and it suits me as its farther into the future. So who else is up for it, it looks gr8 for everyone and its not that far from the tunnel! If an oldie like me can do it in a YJ, so can you!

I'm certainly interested if there will be others going.  My problem is that as I don't speak a word of English I have absolutely no clue what the website says.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Managed to get Google to give me a translation.  Are people planning on camping if they go?

Edited by UKTJ
  • Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hi UKTJ,

I've booked for camping which is probably what I will do. I thought it looked  pretty good value overall. .  Food (which will probably be good) 3 nights camp, events and a live show. So , in answer to your question, by then I hope to be healthy enough to camp and will do so unless the weather forecast is awful.  In which case I would find find a BnB and accept the extra bill. At my age I don't want a huge lot of effort and wish to take it easy. My thoughts are to drive to somewhere close to Dover (4-5hours) and stay in a travel inn. Go across next day and drive most of the way on the day before registration or maybe on the day of it. Return  is undecided.  I might go straight back, stick around Belgium or cut over into France and take a leisurely trip back staying a couple more nights or so. It depends whether or not anyone wants to passenger or whether I'm solo (Applicants welcome to apply) My French is rusty but I had a house there for 20 odd years so , with luck I'll get along. My feeling is , if i'm going that far I must try some local places,restaurants etc while I'm there!

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

I've got the email. Just ahvjt paid yet. 

I've reserved a hotel down the road as not sure she'll camp and plus havnt got any bits so...

• Platinum Member
5 hours ago, UKTJ said:

I'm certainly interested if there will be others going.  My problem is that as I don't speak a word of English I have absolutely no clue what the website says.

We will survive...

We will persuade Chris to come.. he cannot miss a good event....😁

• Platinum Member
7 hours ago, digger said:

Hi all,

@digger Post created