Been on an adventure to get my Christmas turkey...

Trailhawk

• Platinum Member

So, not being able to compete directly with @Caroline12's excellent Duck build (really enjoying the thread Caroline BTW) , I'd thought I'd offer my own poultry based Renegade adventure...a Christmas special edition for my loyal YouTube fan that the rest of you may enjoy... (for the Jeep cuisine fans out there, please forgive the 'Pasta Packet' sequence - had to break out the emergency rations since the turkey was strictly for Christmas day usage and would not have fitted in the Omnia oven anyway).

ย 

Happy Christmas Jeep Owners Club ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

ย 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

• Platinum Member

Brilliant! A festive twist on a spot of casual off roading - love it.

ย 

Always enjoy seeing what the Anvil Trailhawk twins are getting up to - thanks for all the videos. Still looking at getting a TH myself, but it will have to be a very low mileage Omaha Orange one; just trying to move house first. Might try to keep the Jungle Green 75th too...

ย 

Tony.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
24 minutes ago, JimC said:

Very good indeed and did you get a telling off when you got home?

...did you notice the video ended with me entering the garage? I'm still in there...

• Haha 4

• Platinum Member
13 minutes ago, Tony-U said:

Brilliant! A festive twist on a spot of casual off roading - love it.

ย 

Always enjoy seeing what the Anvil Trailhawk twins are getting up to - thanks for all the videos. Still looking at getting a TH myself, but it will have to be a very low mileage Omaha Orange one; just trying to move house first. Might try to keep the Jungle Green 75th too...

ย 

Tony.

ย 

Ahhh, so many great colours, if only we could collect them all!ย  Omaha Orange with black roof would probably be my go-to choice - but I just cant seem to break the Anvil or even make it break down on me (a battery, a set of tyres and brakes, a couple of bulbs is all in 6 years and 80k) so I cant really justify a swap.

Hope the house move goes well and gives you plenty of drive space for your dreams ๐Ÿ˜‰

THย 

ย 

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

"How many Trailhawks does it take to pick up one dead turkey?"ย  That would be the great Christmas question ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Another great video, keep them coming ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Haha 2

• Platinum Member

Enjoyed that. ย Great video. ย Just whatโ€™s needed to cheer us up on cold dark days. ย 
At least the shortest day has been and gone - so at least daylight increases from now.

• Platinum Member
59 minutes ago, Vernon said:

Enjoyed that. ย Great video. ย Just whatโ€™s needed to cheer us up on cold dark days. ย 
At least the shortest day has been and gone - so at least daylight increases from now.

Thanks Vernon, certainly cheered me up making it and glad you enjoyed it too.

Have a great Christmas and look forward to more mini adventures next year:-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

Whilst I remember, I keep meaning to ask about the small rectangular sliver CB antenna "plate" mounted on the roof rail of your TH. I'm assuming this is some sort of ground plane device, on the basis of your glass panoramic sunroof...?

ย 

I ask, because I'm struggling to get a ground plane on my 75th because of the fibreglass MySky roof, and would be keen to know if there's a solution I'm missing. Thanks in advance for any pointers on this - and Happy Christmas.

ย 

Tony.

• Platinum Member

Hi Tony,ย 

ย 

So Anvil 1 has a custom 'bent bit of metal thing' made by my brother who's good at that sort of thing - not specifically as a ground plate - just as a clamp to the the roof rail (see here for some pics and descs:ย https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/just-downsized-to-a-renegade-build-and-trips.207115/page-9#post-2901058).

Anvil 2 (mine) has a roof rail chopped down to just one clamp and a short section of rail...again not specifically to get a ground plane. I have the glass roof option, so the only bit of useful metal to get the plane is the last strip right at the very back (need to have my mount as far back as it will go). Seems to work OK with a bit of SWR tweaking...the whole set up was not done that scientifically, but we normally get a mile or so of range when in convoy which has been perfectly adequate, so kinda left it at that!

ย 

Hope this helps.

ย 

THย 

• Platinum Member
On 23/12/2021 at 15:27, Trailhawk said:

So, not being able to compete directly with @Caroline12's excellent Duck build (really enjoying the thread Caroline BTW) , I'd thought I'd offer my own poultry based Renegade adventure...a Christmas special edition for my loyal YouTube fan that the rest of you may enjoy... (for the Jeep cuisine fans out there, please forgive the 'Pasta Packet' sequence - had to break out the emergency rations since the turkey was strictly for Christmas day usage and would not have fitted in the Omnia oven anyway).

ย 

Happy Christmas Jeep Owners Club ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

ย 

Great video, loved it ๐Ÿ˜Š love the Renegades and setup, lights etc ๐Ÿ‘

thank you for your Kind comments, Merry Christmas ย Trailhawk๐ŸŽ„ ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„enjoy your turkey ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Thanks, TH. So it's just a short length of cut-down roof-bar! I'll need to work on my antenna mounting location, me thinks...

ย 

Cheers - Tony.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

I am so looking forward to getting my XJ back - itโ€™s in for replacement floor sections - about half-way with passenger side done.

I have really missed having a 4x4 in the winter - now I fear all the snow will have come and gone before she is all back up-together.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

We toyed with getting replacement panels but my mate said the quality of steel can be a bit iffy and availability was zero so we went for patching. ย Have to say my mate is a genius at this stuff. ย The pictures really do not do the repair justice. ย 
The rear floor is really not that bad so just a few placed where cutting back to good and a small patch will do for now. ย But I will be keeping a very close eye on all of it.

Love the video - just watched it again.๐Ÿ‘

ย 

B6A354CE-C2E7-48C4-8B98-62A95600D991.jpeg

526B7FB1-26E9-468B-9A64-A7FF37195DC2.jpeg

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

It is nice to see that you have deprived the scrap man of another XJ by doing the jobs that often condemn them. I think every XJ on the road has likely collected a few patches by now so don't worry about not using factory formed repair panels. As time goes on, it may become the only option.

• Like 1