Tuff Terrains, Spring 2022

V

• Platinum Member

I am organising a private off-road event (JeepTrek22) in Wales from 28th April to 1st May 2022.
I have two places available that I would like to offer to JOC members*.

Just send me a PM requesting an invite, or ask a friend to PM me on your behalf.

*Silvers cannot receive PMs.

The event is invitation only. Places are limited. There will be no fees to pay, the invited guest just needs to bring themselves, one high-clearance four wheel drive Jeep to drive, one optional passenger, recovery equipment, a tent and camping equipment, and their own fuel and spare parts. They also need to be willing to be part of the team for this adventure so we all can enjoy this event.

There will be two days at Tuff Terrains followed by two days green laning (and maybe an extra half day). I have one base-camp booked for the duration that will be used for tent pitches and camp cooking. Most meals will be provided but it is camping. Evening meals will be camp cooking or BBQ format, lunches will be locally made sandwiches, breakfast will be cereals and fry up. Depending on byway closures we may have to move base-camp to a second campsite and everyone will be expected to help with the move.

The plan is to camp at the base-camp, but I realise not everybody is going to want to or be able to given that spring is not often that warm at night. If you prefer to stay at a local B&B at your own expense, that's fine. I will be covering the cost of the camp pitches at each base-camp and the campsite meals.

The Tuff Terrains site is not suitable for all 4x4 Jeeps, a 31" All Terrain tyre is considered the minimum required.

Edited by V
  • Like 5

Sounds fantastic, but I fear for me it would be in running before walking territory.  Hopefully in a year's time...

But you are clearly a true gent for organising, covering some of the cost and making places available, respect sir.

• Platinum Member

Tuff Terrains is my favourite off road site in the UK, and the green laning in Wales is fantastic. I am really looking forward to going back there.

You really do need some prior off road experience of hill climbs, descents, side slopes and wading for Tuff Terrains. My first time there was in an unlifted XJ with almost stock size hybrid AT/MT tyres. With only one day of professional tuition from Jeep at West Harptree and a few hours of green laning, I was a definitely a newb. The instructors from Jeep did a good job of cementing in my mind the techniques that I would need for Tuff Terrains. I used everything I had learned from them and I learned a whole lot more from Bernie (the site owner) that weekend. It was the weekend that got me hooked as a Jeeper.

The Jeepers that have confirmed attendance will be bringing a mix of XJ, WG, WH, TJ, JK and JKU with various modifications and tyres ranging from 31" to 35".

• Like 1

• V changed the title to Tuff Terrains, Spring 2022 - 1 place available
  • V changed the title to Tuff Terrains, Spring 2022
  • 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member

If you would like to apply for an invitation to the spring event if a vacancy arises, visit https://jeeptrek.rocks

One place that has been reserved, but not confirmed, may be available soon. This is open to anyone on JOC including Silvers.

I have a green laning route that I have been working on that may be too far out of range for my spring event, but not so for the JOC Summer Camp if it is in Bala this year. It needs a recce before proposing it to JOC as an official event.

• Platinum Member

I could help on a recce if you need, depending on when it is(the later the better for me , as you know) and the YJ being back on the road.

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member

Hi JOC Jeepers!  Would anyone like to ride shotgun with me on the Jeep Trek?  🤠

My passenger dropped out when I told her I was providing a free blindfold and sick bag !!!! 😄

Any one interested can meet up with me  at mine  or at the venue. You will need your own tent etc. If you are a newbie then I can tell you that this is an excellent site close to Llandrindod Wells with an ex forces instructor who is very good indeed . You should  have a super opportunity to learn a lot (not from me) driving or not. It will be a gr8 do too, thanks to Vs  organisation  and effort!

Just get in touch for further details.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Sorry this is very short notice, but one guest is unable to attend because his Jeep suffered a small electrical fire at the weekend and the repairs wont be completed in time. If you fancy joining us at the last minute, let me know here before 10pm Wednesday or apply for an invitation on https://jeeptrek.rocks (click Register on the Login menu). See the first post in this thread for more details. The nearest village is Abbeycwmhir, the nearest town is Llandrindod Wells. I have a busy day on Wednesday, which includes a 6 hour drive, internet access at the destination isn't good, but I will check for messages when I can. Camping is not compulsory, two couples have organised their own B&B accommodation locally.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
47 minutes ago, V said:

Sorry this is very short notice, but one guest is unable to attend because his Jeep suffered a small electrical fire at the weekend and the repairs wont be completed in time. If you fancy joining us at the last minute, let me know here before 10pm Wednesday or apply for an invitation on https://jeeptrek.rocks (click Register on the Login menu). See the first post in this thread for more details. The nearest village is Abbeycwmhir, the nearest town is Llandrindod Wells. I have a busy day on Wednesday, which includes a 6 hour drive, internet access at the destination isn't good, but I will check for messages when I can. Camping is not compulsory, two couples have organised their own B&B accommodation locally.

It is going to be a great event around the Welsh countryside. 

• Platinum Member

Fantastic few days!!!  

Many thanks to Vince and Helen for putting up with me, having me along and most of all for the huge amount of effort and work they did for all of us!!!

Strata Florida was brill!!

• Like 4

• Platinum Member
12 hours ago, digger said:

Fantastic few days!!!  

Many thanks to Vince and Helen for putting up with me, having me along and most of all for the huge amount of effort and work they did for all of us!!!

Strata Florida was brill!!

Second that 👍

• Platinum Member
9 minutes ago, TimC said:

Second that 👍

me too, best event ever. 

• Like 1

• Area Representative

was great fun although I think my slightly modified TJ needs bigger tyres and lockers now lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stu2985 said:

was great fun although I think my slightly modified TJ needs bigger tyres and lockers now lol

What size tyres do you have currently?

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, doodle said:

so bummed I couldnt make this- 

……..it was a good one Paul, you definitely would have enjoyed it. A real shame you couldn’t make it this time😕

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, TimC said:

……..it was a good one Paul, you definitely would have enjoyed it. A real shame you couldn’t make it this time😕

Thanks- I had a sneaky feeling it would be... makes me get the plans locked in for next year!... Hopefully it wont clash with Chambon Sur Jeep if they reinstate that event !

• Platinum Member

It was a pity you missed it doodle.

Still there were some gr8 reports around the camp fire re Belgium in September and there's JOC camp too!

Ps I'm still up for Chambon when its on again!

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
11 hours ago, doodle said:

Hopefully it wont clash with Chambon Sur Jeep if they reinstate that event !

If you all can let me know the dates of the international events that you are attending in 2023, I will plan jeeptrek23 around them.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hi everyone, I'm having a few days off so I'm working on a few pics. Here's a few!

1  ''late arrival''

2. ''Who needs big tyres, just find a mattock in the hedge and give instructions to someone else!''

3.''And i thought I was supposed to move, not the tree!''

4. Stewart hard at it!

5, ''Just give him a push''

6. giving it the welly!

7. ''Oh why did I have my new paint job before this!

8. ''lovely Bourbon!''

9. ''Cor,that's one hell of a ford!''

IMG_1340.JPG

IMG_1280.JPG

IMG_1277.JPG

IMG_1281.JPG

IMG_1285.JPG

IMG_1286.JPG

IMG_1294.JPG

IMG_1304.JPG

IMG_1327.JPG

Edited by digger
addition
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member

More of the same!

10. ''Life behind Bars''

11.  ''Sleeping it off!''

12. ''Going for it''

13. ''no, I'm bottling that one!''

14. 'another excellent lunch, many thanks to Helen'

15. '' U ain't seen nothing yet!'' ''stop here, best to look around the bend, but maybe not!''

16. ''My co driver needs a break!''

17. ''Its not that deep , yet!''

18.. ''Oh dear James! Hope its soon sorted. Better luck next time,with a Jeep, of course!''

IMG_1334.JPG

IMG_1337.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

IMG_1353.JPG

IMG_1356.JPG

IMG_1360.JPG

IMG_1363.JPG

IMG_1364.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

• Like 1

• Area Representative
18 hours ago, UKTJ said: