E10 - What's the verdict?

V

• Platinum Member

I have been reading reports of problems drivers have been experiencing with E10 and wondered if any Jeeps that were claimed to be compatible have started showing symptoms yet.

• Platinum Member

Put some in by mistake the other day and seems to be smoking on start up and tickover a lot more. Unless it’s just the weather. Will fill up again shortly with E5 again and check. 

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
5 hours ago, V said:

I have been reading reports of problems drivers have been experiencing with E10 and wondered if any Jeeps that were claimed to be compatible have started showing symptoms yet.

Have always used the super unleaded (E5) in my WG and will carry on using it, heard a lot of reports about people having issues but not sure of the truth or if it is just scare mongering. Only time will tell.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Me too as Spookie.  I swear my Jeeps run better on the Super and little mpg + too!  They have system cleaners in the fuel . Also more guaranteed octane rating even though not needed until I have the head off!  See below.

When I had my dyno for race tuning I regularly tested performance of petrol available at the pump. The supermarket fuels were a joke, many little different to standard despite claiming 100 octane etc. The best was Shell Super (then 'Optimax' now 'V power') closely followed by BP Super . I use either of the latter depending on price.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Stuck the XJ with its new 4.6 stroker engine (built using an 1998 4.0 HO but all ECU and sensors etc are the same) in for MOT last week. It's got a tank of E10 in it. Running sweetly and emissions were all spot on.

• Like 1