• Platinum Member

Interesting to read about the “cut circle” … never knew that … neat id coding 👍

Thanks for sharing Jim.

• Platinum Member
24 minutes ago, Maverick23 said:

Interesting to read about the “cut circle” … never knew that … neat id coding 👍

Thanks for sharing Jim.

I never knew this either.

"The one we’re driving has the tell-tale sign of five cuts in the circle surrounding the white star on the bonnet. A cut circle, rather than a full circle, indicates it’s been to war – it wasn’t just used on a base back home."

• Platinum Member

I enjoyed it to. I didn't know Jeep had a Central Tyre Inflation System (CTIS) option. It looks like Spicer have developed one for Jeeps but I couldn't find much detailed info on it.

I saw a very well prepared foreign registered 4x4 parked near the Suffolk coast earlier in the year that had the Parker CTIS. I can't remember if it was on a Land Rover Defender or a G-Wagen but the wheels for the Parker system are distinctive which caught my eye. I would love to know how much that system costs.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
9 hours ago, V said:

I enjoyed it to. I didn't know Jeep had a Central Tyre Inflation System (CTIS) option. It looks like Spicer have developed one for Jeeps but I couldn't find much detailed info on it.

I saw a very well prepared foreign registered 4x4 parked near the Suffolk coast earlier in the year that had the Parker CTIS. I can't remember if it was on a Land Rover Defender or a G-Wagen but the wheels for the Parker system are distinctive which caught my eye. I would love to know how much that system costs.

interesting video Vince, i havent seen that type of wheel valve setup, on a 4x4 before, only on trucks and military vehicles, where the air is fed through the axle, which is quite a complicated system. if it is a system that has hoses going to the conventional tire valve, these would not be suitable for our kind of off road 4x4's, purely from an engineers point of view, it would be good to see how the the system physically inflates the tire, but as said, a very interesting video.

• Platinum Member

Somewhere in the wheel hubs there needs to be a rotating pneumatic joint, and some sort of air-coupling from the hub to the wheel. For most CTIS, this is where the reliability issues are.

I have seen some videos of mechanical automatic inflation systems but they don't do deflate or appear to work in mud or water.

JAMM valve

CODA retrofit SIT

• Platinum Member

i think i would rather stick to the on board tire pressure indicators, anything else is just something else to go wrong, or get broken when you are in a serious off road section, i have learned that you are better to keep your vehicle as simple as possible.