Build sheet query

Tony

• Platinum Member

Hi,just downloaded the build sheet for my 2020 JL Rubicon,could anybody tell me what this is that I’ve marked please.

6895FD66-1A40-4055-8767-CF9D7B5A833D.jpeg

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
2 hours ago, Tony said:

Hi,just downloaded the build sheet for my 2020 JL Rubicon,could anybody tell me what this is that I’ve marked please.

guessing that would be a towing pack with maybe heavy duty electrics?  possibly/maybe/sort of  🤔👍😁

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

It might have had the electrical system for towing installed but not the actual tow bar. On the WGs there is a plug hidden under one of the side panels to attach up towing electics that is already wired into the main loom, so I wonder if this is something simular. Must admit I am not familiar with the JLs😳

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tony said:

As already suggested it might be that there is a quick connect for the final tow bar wiring.

But i think the HD electrical group also includes the bank of aux switches and associated wiring and relays

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

That would be great as I was thinking about getting a trailer,I’ll have to have a look around and see if I can find anything,thanks spookie and neal for the reply.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

Just done a quick Google surch and found :

With the Trailer Tow and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group, you are able to add a winch and control light bars for safer towing. You can also expect a more powerful battery and alternator so that you can add on even more accessories.

and

Just took delivery of my 2-door JL with this option, and am aware that it includes the hitch receiver, 4-pin/7-pin outlets, aux switches, bigger alternator, and 700 cca battery. However, I have seen some informal references to the inclusion of a beefier rear suspension. While this makes sense, I don't think I've ever seen a comprehensive list of all the components for this option, and as always, the dealership barely knows anything about it. Appreciate any insight, observations, or official/technical references if available. Many thanks.

You have everything listed. No difference in suspension.

Hope that might shed some more light for you 👍🙏

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

i think it also means that you have the anti-sway system that my F Pace had, if the vehicle senses that the trailer is starting to sway, the jeep starts to compensate with individual rear wheel braking to try to help.  

• Platinum Member

Did get under the jeep hoping to find wiring for a tow bar! But nothing,shame as i would like to get a trailer.find it strange it’s called a trailer tow group but nothing is there.

• Sad 1