Back in the club

jeepstertim

• Platinum Member

I've been a member for a while but since the sale of my Commando Green Wrangler JKU (GY13ABF - anyone on here?) about 5+ years ago I have been Jeep-less. All that was remedied about 5 months ago when I bought a new JT Gladiator Rubicon, a Jeep I've wanted since they were released.

I'm currently living and working in Qatar and the JTR is here. It's a Sting grey, LHD 3.6 and it's a blast. It rips through the dunes, loves the rocks and day to day, the ride is excellent compared to my old JKU. It will be coming to the UK in 2023 as I drive it back from here on a small adventure. If anyone has imported a Wrangler JL or JT, I'd be really keen to understand what needs to be changed for the UK.

So far mods are limited to 35" BFG ATs, a 1.5" teraflex level at the front and the .75" daystar rear. This small lift has hugely improved the JTR's desire to drag its belly on everything it goes over. Th 3.6 petrol, while lacking the torque of any diesel I've owned, moves it along well enough and I'm averaging low 20's MPG.

20210917_161645.t-2.jpg

20210917_161714.k-2.jpg

20211118_151220-2.jpg

20211118_151239-2.jpg

DSC_0653-2_resized.jpg

IMG_20211106_123123_864.jpg

• Like 9

• Platinum Member
18 hours ago, Chrisby said:

Welcome back Tim,

I remember your green JK on Salisbury plains, Great colour and pretty rare in the UK.

Nice looking JT 👍

Thank you.  The JKU was a great jeep, I hope it's with a good home now.  The conditions here are very different from a muddy and damp Salisbury Plain!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Platinum Member
14 hours ago, Overlander21 said:

Sooooooo @jeepstertim  -  tell me about your front bumper 🙂

isnt it a standard 10th anniversary one? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234078859389?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-

0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=Cj0KCQiA0p2QBhDvARIsAACSOOOEB7EIx7pZiGrMNUKu7XOjJQGHh1kqonxv2UpvfpDRYWmF5PiKo_QaAvshEALw_wcB

Edited by doodle

• Platinum Member
20 hours ago, Overlander21 said:

Sooooooo @jeepstertim  -  tell me about your front bumper 🙂

It is a Chinese copy of the mopar JL/ JT steel bumper.  The Ebay one in this thread isn't an exact copy and looks slightly more agricultural.  Aliexpress have them and note JK/ JL and JT can all take the same bumper.

• Platinum Member
8 hours ago, Overlander21 said:

It's a pretty good copy 🙂

I can't tell if you've got front sensors in that bumper  @jeepstertim ?

No sensors and importantly no sensor holes that some of the ebay ones come with.  If you search the web a bit there is also an identical aluminum one available which would save weight.

DSC_0019-2.jpg

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

I genuinely don't mind what material it's made of,  I'm just keen to lose the park bench that's currently attached to the front of my car 😊

Must have sensor mounts though which, granted, limits my options somewhat.

• Platinum Member

Well then, one of the Chinese knock offs with the holes would be perfect.  Also check ebay.COM as much more is advertised there for Jeeps but it still ships from China so diverting it to UK is no issue.

• Like 1