Killed my JL…..

fen01

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, tedthefed said:

Full electric failure ? 

Possibly…..

travelled down a lane marked ‘unsuitable for motor vehicles’. 

as it got narrower it played havoc with blind spot sensors; both were illuminated when I came out.

stopped and turned the Jeep off.  It was at this point there’s nothing. All I have is hazards and full beam on flash. 

nothing on the stop start button.  Was getting some odd messages in dashboard.

Even dealers are a little confused. 

• Sad 2

• Platinum Member

Just in case it helps, mine done a similar sort of funny, which also included the alarm light not going out. 

Disconnected the negative terminal of the battery, went for a cuppa, reconnected and the world was all good again. 

maybe worth a try. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Oh no! Hope it gets sorted quick… I had an issue back in September with mine where it just stopped and it was a bad wart connection on anABS cable - I do wonder if some of these are not well insulated for our weather…

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Update on the poorly JL..

it’s back at Unity Oxford, no thanks to Jeep Assist! 

Off track vent:  Jeep’s roadside assistance has to be the worse.  They were no help other than to tell me they’d take it the nearest dealers for point of breakdown (Vospers, Exeter). Would not recover to dealer of my choice. Courtesy car would only provided once dealer had received and confirmed how long it would take to fix.

To the Jeep issue.  It would appear there is a possible immobiliser issue - the key is not connecting to the start button. This has stumped the dealers on how to fix and may result them in raising a technical ticket with Jeep. 

• Sad 2

• Platinum Member
4 hours ago, fen01 said:

To the Jeep issue.  It would appear there is a possible immobiliser issue - the key is not connecting to the start button. This has stumped the dealers on how to fix and may result them in raising a technical ticket with Jeep. 

Hope you get this fixed asap and please keep us up to date on how you get on.

• Confused 1

• Platinum Member
On 16/11/2021 at 21:49, JimC said:

Hope you get this fixed asap and please keep us up to date on how you get on.

It's still dead...

am waiting on when it will be brought back to life...

• Sad 2

• Platinum Member

My blind spot warning switches off when I put it in 4wd, which puts the triangles in the mirrors on (annoying in the dusk) and the dash warning, resets when back in 2wd.  Can't help with the dead Jeep though..

• 4 weeks later...