I’ve received a safety recall notification

fen01

• Platinum Member

How very nice of FCA to tell me my JLU is potentially non compliant with EU regulation 19/2011. 

seems I am missing a statutory plate label which needs to be replaced.  If it is not replaced this defect could affect type approval regulations.  Does this mean I’ll be downgraded to a Prius?

• Platinum Member

Whilst we allegedly left EU our useless government adopted most of their rules and agreed motor legislation as part of trade deal - which actually only seems to work one way, and no guesses as to which way!

• Platinum Member

I wonder if someone on the production line management thought that the EU approval markings no longer applied to UK models because of Brexit and left them off. Someone probably tried re-registering a British registered JL in Ireland and the authorities there couldn't find the labelling to tie up with the certificate of conformity.

This could be an interesting problem. If the Jeep has US Federal Type approvals, it won't be subject to the same CO2 road tax but FCA couldn't legally sell it in the UK while the UK still chooses to require EU type approval. If however, the vehicle is personally imported and has a BIVA test, the tax class would change to PLG. All of the EU 'E' marking regulations, the bumper regulations and catalytic converter regulations also don't apply to personal imports from the USA.

I vaguely remember a vehicle manufacturer/importer selling a load of vehicles into a country that they weren't type approved for that country's. The authorities seized and destroyed the offending vehicles despite objections from their owners.