Audios Park Bench!

Volant165

• Platinum Member
25 minutes ago, Volant165 said:

The LOUBICON has checked in to Buzz Special Vehicles.

6D665492-6E8A-4B40-8842-B5C04FCAB42E.jpeg

What’s on the shopping list?

• Platinum Member

I don't understand why Jeep UK does not give the option at purchase to switch out the park bench. I mean everyone (except that weirdo at my gym) switches out the bumper

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member

Pedestrian safety rules I think. That's why our JL bonnet is styled differently that US and ours is steel instead of the US aluminium.  

The rules must be hit them softly but make for a hard landing?😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Platinum Member
6 hours ago, Raakhee said:

I don't understand why Jeep UK does not give the option at purchase to switch out the park bench. I mean everyone (except that weirdo at my gym) switches out the bumper

I’ve still got the original bumper on my JL.  

i love the rubicon metal bumper. It just seems it now such a common bumper these days 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
5 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Pedestrian safety rules I think. That's why our JL bonnet is styled differently that US and ours is steel instead of the US aluminium.  

The rules must be hit them softly but make for a hard landing?😕

My view is that pedestrians have no business being on the road and if they do have to cross to be aware of traffic. Too often they wander across without even checking the road or annoyingly looking down at their phones. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
30 minutes ago, Raakhee said:

My view is that pedestrians have no business being on the road and if they do have to cross to be aware of traffic. Too often they wander across without even checking the road or annoyingly looking down at their phones. 

The rights of way in the UK descend from some very old laws. I'm not sure, but I think traffic segregation by type may have been introduced by the 1948 Highways Act. All roads inherit a historic legal right to walk on except for motorways and those that have a specific restriction by means of a Traffic Regulation Order. I'm quite happy with the right to walk to a motor vehicle repair shop or garage if my Jeep breaks down on the road. On motorways doing so is illegal and you have just 1 hour to get your vehicle towed off the motorway.

I think all road users including pedestrians and cyclists should be within the scope of the current mobile phone laws. Pedestrians and cyclists should only be able to use a phone handsfree while on a highway. They should be prohibited from holding a phone for any purpose while on a public highway. Texting on the move should be prohibited unless the phone user is a passenger. Local councils could create 'safe spaces' for pedestrians to use mobile phones near the highway like the little red buildings the public used frequently before 1986 which served the same purpose.

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

Agree all road users need to be aware and considerate of each other. However it feels like the onus is being pushed onto Motor vehicle drivers to worry about everyone. I've had instances where a cyclist came off the cycle path right in front of me and I've had to slam on my brakes. Didn't even bother to look back if it was safe to do so. Same with pedestrians where no due care is taken before stepping onto the road. For me road safety was part of my educational curriculum. I feel like that is not the case here in the UK. That park bench bumper would not have had to be installed if everyone was aware of their surroundings and acted accordingly. Just my views though 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
10 minutes ago, Raakhee said:

it feels like the onus is being pushed onto Motor vehicle drivers to worry about everyone

Best not look at the proposed changes to the Highway Code. They suggest a new hierarchy - pedestrians, cyclists, horse riders, motorcyclists, cars/taxis, vans/minibuses, HGVs - in that order.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, AlexK said:

Best not look at the proposed changes to the Highway Code. They suggest a new hierarchy - pedestrians, cyclists, horse riders, motorcyclists, cars/taxis, vans/minibuses, HGVs - in that order.

The proposal seeks to push the responsibility for others safety onto the users that are potentially inflicting the most damage.

Unfortunately this appears to also remove any responsibility form the other users with regard to their own safety.

Is this the correct approach, again it seems to be an approach supporting those that make the most noise for change rather than have much logic or sense 

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

Trouble is there is still no cure for stupid!

Motorists have to read the Highway Code and are tested on it - cyclists, pedestrians etc don't even have to read it let alone comply with it.

'elf & safety gone mad. 

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

Sadly “stupid” is also endemic in the population and occurs in pedestrians, cyclists, electric scooter riders, motorcyclists and even motorists (strangely I have yet to encounter it in horse riders) . In fact it is often the same stupid pedestrian who gets into his car as a stupid motorist and then goes out at the weekend as a stupid cyclist. It’s not the mode of transport that defines stupid, it’s the person using it 😕

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
4 hours ago, Raakhee said:

I just want an excuse to test my bumper against idiots who super glue their hands to roads 🙏 I wonder just how fast they can become unstuck 🤣🤭

• Haha 2

• Platinum Member
38 minutes ago, TimC said:

Ah, sorry Jim, just realised what thread I posted in. Seem to have digressed from the topic somewhat. 🙈

I think a steel bumper will deal with all forms of stupid quite adequately! 

• Haha 3

• Platinum Member

Nice to see a man of the cloth disrupting fellow christians from going about their business. No wonder the churches are empty! 

If he believes what he preaches then his god will protect and save the environment?

(apologies and acknowledgement to non christians out there!)

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
8 hours ago, Volant165 said:

This is as close to an EV as I will get. E4289BD3-7320-4B98-A800-511ECE6125A6.jpeg

Odyssey battery Jim 👍

is that a permanent ctek conditioner next to it❓

Looks like Alex still has some cool tricks up his sleeve … look forward to seeing what else is “being done” 😃

• Platinum Member

Yes a Buzz setup.

The Odyssey will charge when the jeep is running but not drain from the Jeep when not  thanks to the C-Tek. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member
4 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Yes a Buzz setup.

The Odyssey will charge when the jeep is running but not drain from the Jeep when not  thanks to the C-Tek. 

I guess that is a secondary battery set up ?

I'm still running an Optima Yellow top  in my diesel coming up to 7 years of use and have put it on  a CTek charger every 2 - 3 weeks

Its still got OK voltage & CCA's but when tested out on a Midtronics battery tester recently came up 'replace battery' so must be showing its age.