Looking for lens covers for rear licence lights (WK2)

Forestwalker

• Platinum Member
Forestwalker

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum but the parts wanted forum is empty 🤔 

I've just upgraded my Overland to a 2012 S limited and need to source a couple of rear licence light lens covers as mine are broken. I've Googled the description for the past couple of hours with no real joy (being in the UK). Anyone had any luck finding any online or at a shop that posts parts? 

Photo for reference. 

s-l300.jpg

• Platinum Member

Having a Mopar parts number catalogue for your Jeep would help a lot in your search for these parts and others.

You could try a franchised dealer parts counter to get a price quote for these parts but most no longer give part numbers out.

• Platinum Member
Forestwalker

My nearest Fiat dealer (the nearest Franchise) is Liverpool 90 minutes from me! 

• Platinum Member

Try this website to help identify the Mopar numbers for the parts you need. You could also look to see it the part number is moulded into the lens. If you have the part number eBay and search engine searches are easier.

UK dealers will do telephone sales and ship by post/courier.

• Platinum Member
Forestwalker

Thanks V. Managed to find and confirm they are the right part at $16 each and $95 delivery (for 2 small bits of plastic) 😂 

#ripoff 

• Platinum Member

Now you have the correct part numbers you can shop around. Some eBay sellers do eBay's global delivery program which is pretty good on timescales and price.

• Platinum Member
Forestwalker

In theory I have ordered both lens covers for £19 from Autodoc. Have to wait and see if I caught for import duties from Germany given the parts are £11.