New Wrangler Jk owner

Olivia

• Platinum Member

Hi all 🙂

Just got a 2013 jeep wrangler and was wondering if anyone knew the best places for after market parking sensor installation. 

Would love to soon be out at events 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

Hi Olivia and a very warm welcome to the club 👍👋

There is a day out at Aldermaston on Saturday 16 October - tickets are on sale in the club shop, not sure how close to you this event is (where abouts are you from?)👍

Is this your first Jeep?👍

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Olivia said:

Hi all 🙂

Just got a 2013 jeep wrangler and was wondering if anyone knew the best places for after market parking sensor installation. 

Hi and welcome,

Have you thought about front and rear camera?

That might be easier to fit than parking sensors, especially if you later  consider replacing the OEM bumpers with aftermarket recovery bumpers

Depending on what radio you have, it can be quite an easy add on, or you might want to upgrade the radio at the same time, as I did.

• Platinum Member

Hi Olivia,

Welcome aboard.

Aldermarston would be a gr8 first event whether you are a beginner or experienced. There's something for everyone!

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hi all. Thank you for the responses. This is my first jeep after 5years of being too nervous to buy one and my first time on a forum like this so I haven't quite mastered how to reply induvidually. 

1)Aldermarston I'm just having a look at now 

2) I've spend hours today watching tutorials and reading on reverse camera installation. My task tomorrow is to find a brand/camera I like (wheel mounted) as I have stock tyres. And then look at aftermarket radios. I've read pioneer is good, as is alpine 

3) haha John metal bumpers are a massive go ahead now you've persuaded me so much 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
12 hours ago, digger said:

Hi Olivia,

Welcome aboard.

Aldermarston would be a gr8 first event whether you are a beginner or experienced. There's something for everyone!

Hi I see Aldermarston instructions say make sure the jeep has suitable recovery points. I don't have the metal bumper I see most jeeps have in the images with the metal bumper hopefully that's not an issue 

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
10 hours ago, Olivia said:

Hi I see Aldermarston instructions say make sure the jeep has suitable recovery points. I don't have the metal bumper I see most jeeps have in the images with the metal bumper hopefully that's not an issue 

Hi Olivia, the front and rear tow points on your Jeep will do fine for now, just so long as there is some where to connect a winch line or tow strop if needed. Not sure how far Aldermaston is from you but it is possible for you come down and spectate, meet other members and pick brains - we all tend to pick each others brains at some point 👍 I am sure there will be members willing to drive you round so you can get a feel for off roading or if you want to use your Jeep there are plenty of people to give you instructions 👍

Very friendly group so please don't be afraid of asking questions, that's how we all started out 😝

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hiya Olivia, 

You have a JK, no need to be concerned at an event, it will be just fine as it is. Events are fantastic to "have a go" at driving off road. By midday you'll be amazed what you and your Jeep can do. Just enjoy it, everyone is really friendly and you soon all help each other out. I've done many events in my Wranglers but the last one I did in my 2 month old Renegade, it was just as much fun. Just don't do what I did, a rookie mistake, and forgot my suitable footwear so had to wear my brand new trainers all gleaming white 😂 😂 I did feel a noddy 😂 😂 but was funny. Book and go and enjoy yourself, you soon naturally hook up with people who will help or of similar experience. Enjoy 👍 cheers Steve 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
On 15/09/2021 at 19:29, Olivia said:

Hi all 🙂

Welcome, where abouts are you based? My local car stereo shop fits aftermarket sensors- id look at one close to you.

• Like 1