Aldermaston Saturday 16 October

Volant165

• Platinum Member

Hank has been towed to the dealership as it just stopped working… (suspect faulty sensor, but who knows)… hoping they will get him fixed before the day….

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
1 hour ago, MGomes said:

Hank has been towed to the dealership as it just stopped working… (suspect faulty sensor, but who knows)… hoping they will get him fixed before the day….

Is he sulking about getting his tyres muddy????????????????????????????????? 🤔🤣

Hope you get him fixed in time 👍

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
20 minutes ago, spookie the aardvark said:

Is he sulking about getting his tyres muddy????????????????????????????????? 🤔🤣

Hope you get him fixed in time 👍

😂😂 We were green laning in the Salisbury plain on Sunday… still have mud on the driveway 😂😂

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
1 hour ago, MGomes said:

😂😂 We were green laning in the Salisbury plain on Sunday… still have mud on the driveway 😂😂

What no invite???????????????????????????????? 😱😱😭😭😭😭

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
1 hour ago, MGomes said:

Perhaps sulking because he DID get his tyres muddy 🤔🤪🤪🤪🤪

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
6 minutes ago, spookie the aardvark said:

What no invite???????????????????????????????? 😱😱😭😭😭😭

I was tagging along 😂

• Sad 1

• Platinum Member
On 14/09/2021 at 15:34, Volant165 said:

Ticket sales are now live!

Hi, @Volant165 sadly I can no longer attend due to TJ being in for repairs. I know tickets are non refundable so please donate to charity if that is an option. Catch you all next time. Tony

• Sad 1

• Platinum Member

One week to go! Only a few tickets left. 

Friendly public service reminder:

SIGN IN 9:30am 10am start and due to site regulations NO late arrivals. Front gate has to be locked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

Looking forward to next weekend and will definitely be taking you up on the offer of helping out those new to off-roading with their Jeep.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
On 17/09/2021 at 09:22, Tim_DS said:

New to the forum - and new to Jeep. This would be my first time offroading - what's the site like? Good for a beginner to learn the basics? Sounds great to be able to try with the support of fellow club members. 

Also new to the forum, Jeep and offroading but looking forward to giving it a go! Perhaps we can help each other on what sounds like it'll be a steep learning curve, planning on getting there around 9 if you wanna meet and work out a plan?  

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
9 hours ago, Matthew said:

Also new to the forum, Jeep and offroading but looking forward to giving it a go! Perhaps we can help each other on what sounds like it'll be a steep learning curve, planning on getting there around 9 if you wanna meet and work out a plan?  

It's not as bad you think 😆 The most importent thing is to have fun 👍

• Platinum Member
On 09/10/2021 at 11:32, Volant165 said:

One week to go! Only a few tickets left. 

Friendly public service reminder:

SIGN IN 9:30am 10am start and due to site regulations NO late arrivals. Front gate has to be locked. 

What is the earliest arrival time?  If security an issue dont want to be hanging around outside for too long.

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, spookie the aardvark said:

It's not as bad you think 😆 The most importent thing is to have fun 👍

I heard the best thing to do is look for the biggest puddle you can find and then just drive straight in to it 😂

Edited by UKTJ
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, UKTJ said:

What is the earliest arrival time?  If security an issue dont want to be hanging around outside for too long.

I am speaking to the site owners on Friday to confirm access and will then be able to confirm, but my expectations will be around 9:00 as the earliest.

As there is no burger or Coffee van on site, you could pop to get a coffee or something if you are early. BP garage near the AWE main gate is an option, they might even have fuel!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT THAT MAY IMPACT YOUR TRAVEL TIME 

PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY IF SO

This Saturday and Sunday (16/17 October), Bridge 28 – the lift bridge at Aldermaston Wharf – will be closed to road traffic for routine servicing between 08:00 and 17:00 each day. West Berkshire Council have confirmed that their contractors will maintain access through the bridge for boat traffic (but may be subject to delays), and a temporary pontoon bridge will be in use for pedestrians.

Further information, including road diversions, can be found on the one.network website:
https://one.network/?tm=GB123736032

http://one.network/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

Anyone coming from west is welcome to join me for breakfast in Berkshire Arms about   7.30 - 8am

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

Hi UKTJ . As for driving straight into the nearest biggest puddle that can be seriously bad!   Not a good initiation!   Best have your ride with me first!

• Haha 2

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
2 hours ago, digger said:

Hi UKTJ . As for driving straight into the nearest biggest puddle that can be seriously bad!   Not a good initiation!   Best have your ride with me first!

It's ok digger UKTJ was just taking the wee wee out of me getting stuck at Summer Camp 🥴🤣🤣

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member

Please post your videos, photos and event report here - 

This thread is now closed.

• JimC locked this topic