Aldermaston Saturday 16 October

Volant165

• Platinum Member

Tickets NOW on sale  in the JOC store:  BOOK NOW

SIGN IN 9:30am 10am start and due to site regulations NO late arrivals

Aldermaston 4x4 Saturday 16th October 2021 FOR JOC CLUB MEMBERS ONLY.

VIP £25

Gold £30

Silver £35 

On Saturday 16th of October JOC have hired the great little site of Aldermaston 4x4 near Reading exclusively for JOC members! There is wide range of driving conditions with sections suitable for beginners and others that will challenge the most experienced of drivers. All terrain tyres are recommended as a minimum for this site but not essential.

Advance Purchase will included:

Access to Aldermaston 4x4 Site

Price is per Jeep including passengers.

All vehicles must be road legal and full driving licence in force for each driver.

Please ensure:

Your Jeep has suitable recovery points. TOW BARS ARE NOT RECOVERY POINTS!

Spectators welcome, only JOC members can drive

Opening time:

Sign in from 9:30am 10:00am Start.

Site closes 16:00 pm

Site Facilities:

Portable WC.

Jet wash

PLEASE BE ADVISED THERE ARE NO CATERING FACILITIES ON SITE

Aldermaston 4x4 site,

Harbour Hill,

Aldermaston.

RG7 4PH

Geo coordinates:

51.372720, -1.151076

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=459142&Y=164232&A=Y&Z=110

Attendees:

1. Mike WK2
  2. digger
  3. Spookie the aardvark
  4. Raakhee
  5. MartinJC
  6. Terry M
  7. Harleyken
  8. Koning2e
  9. Boxerfan 
  10. Lockejk123
  11. Bela
  12. Sicarrie
  13. Terry
  14. MGomes
  15. 46stm
  16. Cameron
  17. Hearntd
  18. Tim_DS
  19. jerryg
  20. UKTJ
  21. JucyLucie
  22. wayneclarke68
  23. Tom3Warren
  24. John Asbury
  25. Matthew
  26. Slammedeluxe 
  27. Wayne Gold 
  28. Ajay Thomas
  29. Dannyhawk
  30. Tim C
  31. Blackhawk ctc 
  32. Bazzaboy
  33. Paul R
  34. McLaren Madamombe

BUZZ n PAUL.jpgAldermaston woods.jpegdeep green meany.jpgDeep_What.jpgJeep_Habitat.jpgTJ--The_Jungle.jpg

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

Hi, are the tickets in the JOC Shop / events. 

just trying to purchase and ticket and can’t see them ? 

cheers Mike 

• Platinum Member

Booked!    Doesn't seem  much accom about have booked  'Berkshire Arms'.

Edited by digger
addition

8 hours ago, digger said:

Another option would be to look in Reading as it’s just down the road. Think a few stayed at the local Motorway services last time.

Also if anyone is looking for fuel, come off the M4 at junction 12 and head towards Reading, there is a Sainsbury’s at the first set of lights on the left.

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
8 hours ago, digger said:

Know the Berkshire Arms well digger, done a lot of work in there over the years  - but if any plumbing falls apart during your stay .................. nothing to do with me 🤣🤣

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
25 minutes ago, Raakhee said:

Tickets purchased. @spookie the aardvark and @digger Alice has a nice new air filter. Seems the dealership didn't even notice it was damp when they changed it 🙂

So you took to the off roading "like a DUCK to water"?????????????????? 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

• Platinum Member

Hi Spookie,  thanks for the tip. I did stay there before with some others. It was a bit dated and rough around the edges. However the room was ok, bit like a travel Inn ( apart from the water hammer! LOL) The food wasn't bad either, perhaps I'll bring my son with me with a full van . You never know if there's a problem we might get a credit for the room as well!

Hi Raakee I am not telling you what to do but you were lucky. If that water gets through into the motor you will need a new one! You might like to consider steps to prevent it happening again.  I have been lucky too. One of my XJs filled the airbox with liquid mud , after which it wouldn't run until I threw away the filter like you had to. I have taken precautions when having a dip ever since!

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

It is indeed!

Quote :-

Aldermaston

Aldermaston is a village and civil parish in Berkshire, England. In the United Kingdom Census 2011, the parish had a population of 1015. The village is in the mid-Kennet alluvial plain and bounds to Hampshire in the south. It is roughly equidistant from Newbury, Basingstoke and Reading, centred 46 miles west-by-south-west of London. Aldermaston may have been inhabited as early as 1690 BCE; a number of postholes and remains of cereal grains have been found in the area. Written history of the village is traced back at least as far as the 9th century CE. The Anglo-Saxon Chronicles show that the Ealdorman of Berkshire had his country estate in the village. The manor of Aldermaston was established by the early 11th century, when the village was given to the Achard family by Henry I; the manor is documented in the Domesday survey. The village church was established in the 13th century, and some of the original Norman architecture remains in the building's structure.(Wikipedia)

So now you know! LOL!

• Haha 2

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
3 hours ago, stewart said:

Well I guess it's called Aldermaston as opposite this place? https://www.awe.co.uk

Any one taking a wrong turn and trying to off road through there will be having a very fun day 😱😱🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
5 hours ago, jerryg said:

It is indeed!

Quote :-

Aldermaston

Aldermaston is a village and civil parish in Berkshire, England. In the United Kingdom Census 2011, the parish had a population of 1015. The village is in the mid-Kennet alluvial plain and bounds to Hampshire in the south. It is roughly equidistant from Newbury, Basingstoke and Reading, centred 46 miles west-by-south-west of London. Aldermaston may have been inhabited as early as 1690 BCE; a number of postholes and remains of cereal grains have been found in the area. Written history of the village is traced back at least as far as the 9th century CE. The Anglo-Saxon Chronicles show that the Ealdorman of Berkshire had his country estate in the village. The manor of Aldermaston was established by the early 11th century, when the village was given to the Achard family by Henry I; the manor is documented in the Domesday survey. The village church was established in the 13th century, and some of the original Norman architecture remains in the building's structure.(Wikipedia)

So now you know! LOL!

Interesting, but no mention of Harbour Hill !

10 hours ago, harleykenn said:

Is Harbour Hill an area ofAldermaston as map says site is on Paices Hill  ?

The site is located in an area called Harbour Hill, which is off the road Pacies Hill and is on the boundary of AWE. We may see the MOD police on the day and is partly the reason why there is a requirement for no late entry to the site. Hope that helps 🙂

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
15 hours ago, digger said:

Hi Spookie,  thanks for the tip. I did stay there before with some others. It was a bit dated and rough around the edges. However the room was ok, bit like a travel Inn ( apart from the water hammer! LOL) The food wasn't bad either, perhaps I'll bring my son with me with a full van . You never know if there's a problem we might get a credit for the room as well!

Hi Raakee I am not telling you what to do but you were lucky. If that water gets through into the motor you will need a new one! You might like to consider steps to prevent it happening again.  I have been lucky too. One of my XJs filled the airbox with liquid mud , after which it wouldn't run until I threw away the filter like you had to. I have taken precautions when having a dip ever since!

I was lucky. Don't worry, I'm not going to be swimming again. 

• Platinum Member
6 hours ago, spookie the aardvark said:

Any one taking a wrong turn and trying to off road through there will be having a very fun day 😱😱🤣🤣🤣

Me. If there is a wrong turn to take, I am guaranteed to take it. Jeep Nav loves sending me down dodgy roads 😶

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
7 hours ago, Raakhee said:

I was lucky. Don't worry, I'm not going to be swimming again. 

You will do Raakhee playing with water kinda becomes addictive ............................ look what happened to me at Summer Camp 🥴🤣

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
7 hours ago, Raakhee said:

Me. If there is a wrong turn to take, I am guaranteed to take it. Jeep Nav loves sending me down dodgy roads 😶

Trust me me Raakhee this is one place you dont want to take a wrong turn 😱 Try ram raiding  Aldermaston and it really turns into a very bad day 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

• Platinum Member

New to the forum - and new to Jeep. This would be my first time offroading - what's the site like? Good for a beginner to learn the basics? Sounds great to be able to try with the support of fellow club members. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
5 hours ago, Tim_DS said:

New to the forum - and new to Jeep. This would be my first time offroading - what's the site like? Good for a beginner to learn the basics? Sounds great to be able to try with the support of fellow club members. 

It's a good site. Something for everyone. There normally is some 4x4 instruction but every Jeeper will help out if you ask. Prepare for mud though 🙂

• Haha 1