Grand Cherokee records second-highest price growth in August

AlexK

• Platinum Member

Thought this might interest some. According to Auto Trader data, the Grand Cherokee achieved the second-highest price growth of all models in August 2021, with an average asking price of £20,704, up by 34.2%.

The top spot was taken by the Jaguar XK at £26,447 and 48.3%.

On average, used car prices grew by 17.2% year-on-year last month, the largest single month-to-month increase and more than double that recorded in May.

The industry likes to attribute the current booming used car market to constricted supply of new cars thanks to factors such as the global semiconductor shortage. Personally, I think it's because consumers have grown tired of new cars that have become ugly, annoying to drive with intrusive tech, and incredibly expensive.

Anyway, if you have a Grand on your drive, congratulations, it's value has gone up, and for the 17th month in a row.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

There comes a point when a car should be a car and not a mobile phone on wheels that you sit in. I guess the huge cost of buying new (or not buying) is also a factor.

Any news on other Jeep values?

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, V said:

There comes a point when a car should be a car and not a mobile phone on wheels that you sit in. I guess the huge cost of buying new (or not buying) is also a factor.

I'm not about to buy a new car (I have only ever done that once in 42 years of driving), but I agree, so much tech seemingly for the sake of it. I'd be asking the sales person, 'how do I disconnect the connectivity, how do I operate the wipers myself, how do I decide when to brake or steer, how do I decide when to operate main beam, how do I...... get to your used car section?

Edited by Fourpot
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, Fourpot said:

I'd be asking the sales person, 'how do I disconnect the connectivity...

On an alarming number of new cars, there are buttons or controls for functions that, when you press them, take you to an online marketplace where you have to pay extra to activate that function. I drove a BMW recently that told me I needed to pay extra to activate the auto main beam function, despite there being a marked position for it on the column stalk. Some people ticked the box to add Apple CarPlay to their cars when they ordered it, only to discover three years later that it had 'expired' and they had to pay again to 're-subscribe' to something that's already installed in the car.

2 hours ago, V said:

They only gave a top and bottom 10, with no other Jeep models listed I'm afraid.