blackcatJT. The most traveled Gladiator in the UK!

blackcatJT

• Platinum Member

Hi there! 

Here’s the story so far about a couple of Americans, their dog and a Gladiator in the UK! My name is Victor and along with my wife Lexy and our Dutch shepherd Saar are excited to join! We arrived in England just before COVID shut the world down. We were sad that we had to leave our JK in the states because it was already too modified and we didn’t have fun stuff like the stock seatbelts, seats and full size fenders. We decided around August of 2020 to start the process to buy and import a Gladiator Rubicon through a service on base. It arrived with 22 miles on it and within the next three weeks it had 2200 after we completed our version of the North Coast 500… it was more like the 1000! Since September of last year, we are up to 12,700 miles and we just keep exploring. We love to take the road less traveled. Most of our adventures make it to my Instagram page (@blackcatjt). Hit us up if you see us around! We would love to hit the trails with you guys! 

88FFB813-EFC7-4256-A40A-E7F4CD47E2C6.jpeg

F4F7A474-F3CE-4E8E-BF10-8AF8B095439D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Member

What a great JT you have there and welcome to the club and the UK. Guess you are based out of Lakenheath or Mildenhall? 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

Hi and warm welcome to the club and the uk 👍👋 Hope to see you at one of the events, keep on truckin' 😁

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Have you explored around Derbyshire, Buxton area with cat and fiddle, snake pass , woodhead , long hill and winnatts pass . Only small routes for you but fun to drive. 

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

No we haven’t yet but we are open to all trail suggestions! We have done Strata Florida, along with some around Sailsbury Plain and Shaftesbury, most of what’s available around the Thetford Forrest area and now after this weekend a little around the Yorkshire Dales. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Victor , forgot to mention they are normal roads of tarmac but fun to drive and good views . More fun in winter on some , if not closed. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Platinum Member

To add to some of our travels, 

We have now done Bastard Lane (Horseshoe Lane) in Wales and due to Military Training blackcatJT has now been what I believe is the first Gladiator around the Nurburgring in Germany. 

We have also added France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and Luxembourg to the countries we have been to in the Jeep!

IMG_0661.jpeg

• Like 3

• Platinum Member

That is some serious travel, especially in recent times!

I do remember comparing notes with some people from the US many years ago.  They had spent time in Europe and been to many, many places I had not; but I had spent time in the US and been to many, many places they had not.  It seems that in many cases being away from home can be a catalyst for making the most of things, whereas when people are at home there is always another day to make that trip or see that different place.  It certainly seems like you are making the very most of being in the UK!

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
14 hours ago, blackcatJT said:

To add to some of our travels, 

We have now done Bastard Lane (Horseshoe Lane) in Wales and due to Military Training blackcatJT has now been what I believe is the first Gladiator around the Nurburgring in Germany. 

We have also added France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and Luxembourg to the countries we have been to in the Jeep!

IMG_0661.jpeg

Wow! You did Horseshoe in a Gladiator!! That is not half bad!! Did you manage to avoid clouting the rear overhang coming down the Waterfall? I would have thought you'd get a bit of a 'souvenir" on the rear bumper from that.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
6 hours ago, TimC said:

Wow! You did Horseshoe in a Gladiator!! That is not half bad!! Did you manage to avoid clouting the rear overhang coming down the Waterfall? I would have thought you'd get a bit of a 'souvenir" on the rear bumper from that.

Oh we did for sure! It’s just a little dent in the rear bumper but it’s metal so it’s all ok! It’s a Jeep, it’s going to have some bumps and bruises lol

595CFE6F-A4EB-46E3-BC97-7BA13A48E7D9.jpeg

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
18 hours ago, UKTJ said:

That is some serious travel, especially in recent times!

I do remember comparing notes with some people from the US many years ago.  They had spent time in Europe and been to many, many places I had not; but I had spent time in the US and been to many, many places they had not.  It seems that in many cases being away from home can be a catalyst for making the most of things, whereas when people are at home there is always another day to make that trip or see that different place.  It certainly seems like you are making the very most of being in the UK!

We have tried our best to get out and see what we can here but we have done the same thing with our families growing up in the states too! Combined we have been to around 39 states so traveling is our forte! 

• Like 2