Hello from Tim...and question about toolkit

Tim_DS

• Platinum Member

Hi all... Having sold my VW Touareg I've just picked up a JL Wrangler Rubicon. Really looking forward to joining future events. I also live just a few miles from Slindon 😉 One question I have for any JL owners, my wrangler (purchased nearly new from a jeep dealer) didn't come with a roof removal toolkit. They claim it doesn't anymore. I called BS on the basis that the spare wheel needs a T40 torx from the kit to be removed. Who's right? Are these standard on all JLs? Or a paid-for accessory? Did everyone else get theirs? 

• Platinum Member

JK used to come with a small toolkit in a pouch with all the correct Torx bits for removing the roof and the doors. Can’t say for sure about the JL but I would have thought it should. Does it need tools to fold the windscreen out as well?

• Platinum Member

JL on release definitely had the tool kit. Seems silly to no be able to perform a basic feature of the Jeep with missing tools?? Maybe lost along the way? 

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

Thanks all. I can pop to Screwfix and buy a set....just didn't want to be diddled by the dealer. Seemed odd not to supply the tool required to remove a spare wheel! I've emailed jeep UK. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Update. I requested my original build sheet from Jeep Care and it confirmed the toolkit was included. Dealer is ordering a replacement 😉

• Like 1