Jeep Renegade Mods

Jmwinmill

• Platinum Member

Hi folks,

I've had my Trailhawk (2016) for just over 2 years now and would like to start making some mods (other than the basic DIY ones!)

Can anyone recommend some new wheels/tyres with perhaps a small lift kit? Also is anyone able to recommend a place to fit them, I'm in the sussex area?

Completely new to this so any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, Jmwinmill said:

Hi folks,

I've had my Trailhawk (2016) for just over 2 years now and would like to start making some mods (other than the basic DIY ones!)

Can anyone recommend some new wheels/tyres with perhaps a small lift kit? Also is anyone able to recommend a place to fit them, I'm in the sussex area?

Cheers

Hey Jeepey provide a Terrafirma lift kit for the renegade. I also have Eibach springs on mine with BFG Ko2 tyres.  

9D56F6F2-3215-4E76-A534-8D21465DC350.jpeg

• Like 4

• Platinum Member

Hi,

I have just had a 1.5” terrafirma lift at Jeepey, very happy with it.

I have 225/65 R17 falken wildpeak tyres, there are not as chunky as the BFG tyres, but did very well this weekend.

A98519D3-1FDA-4DAD-B6A1-13F86AFFB79D.jpeg

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Check with your insurance the status of mods. Direct line, said no to off roading and gave me a week for find new insurance, got some with NFU.  I have just learnt that mistake 😕

• Sad 1

• Platinum Member
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Hi.

If you have any issues with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

If you have any issues with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

I've been with Adrian Flux for many years, sadly you guys are becoming uncompetitive on standard vehicles but on modified Jeeps you always served me well and still insure my TJ and JK which are both modified. 

• Platinum Member
19 hours ago, Jmwinmill said:

Hi folks,

Cheers

I've gone with 1.5 inch Lifting Springs (from Trekfinder but Eibach have then too), 25mm Eibach wheel spacers and BG Goodrich KO2 in 225/65r17. Pretty happy with my setup. 

You can also add a TerraFirma lift kit. 

Oh and I think most of us have the Heko wind deflectors.

20210528_144211.jpg

20210815_132617.jpg

Edited by Raakhee
  • Like 4

• Platinum Member

Thanks for all the responses, those BFG tyres look like just the ticket! How are you finding the drive quality/handling with them on the roads? 

Have looked at Jeepey, they seem to fit everything I'll need. Shame they are so far away though. Perhaps a road trip is in order.. 

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
28 minutes ago, Jmwinmill said:

Thanks for all the responses, those BFG tyres look like just the ticket! How are you finding the drive quality/handling with them on the roads? 

Have looked at Jeepey, they seem to fit everything I'll need. Shame they are so far away though. Perhaps a road trip is in order.. 

Jeepey are great but like you say for us down in the South are a bit of a trek. Buzz Jeeps are located much closer for you, check them

out. 
The Ko2s handle great on road… they are slightly more noisy and will reduce your MPG slightly but for myself it’s a small price to pay. Will be exciting to follow your build 😁

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, Jmwinmill said:

To be honest I like the hum of the KO2s. Slight drop in mpg but these tyres perform great in Slindon mud. Road handling has not changed. Just need to remember that stopping distance has increased slightly and you cannot drive like an F1 driver anymore. The wheel spacers help on the corners.

Highly recommended Buzz Special Vehicles. Alex is amazing 

• Like 1