Jeep Owners Club Summer Camp Weekend Adventure 14th - 15th August 2021

JimC

• Platinum Member

Hi Everyone!

Once again here is hoping that this finds you and your families safe. 

We have now gone live with Summer Camp Tickets! Given the changing restrictions and guidelines this year, and given the backlog at Bala, we are returning to Slindon's 2 sites.

We will be holding the Jeep Owners Club Summer Camp. No better way to get together and celebrate the 80th year of the Jeep brand together with friends.

We once again have exclusive access to Slindon Valley off road site. This site is closed all year and opened just for us. Much fun was had last year at this sandy site. We will meet at Slindon Safari Saturday morning the 14th of August, register, and head and head over in small convoys.

This site is ideal for us to hold recovery and winch training. And then the next day the popular Slindon Safari 4x4 site on Sunday the 15th of August where we will have  4x4 tuition and no shortage of opportunities to catch up with other members, latest mods, best deals etc.  

INFORMATION

•     4x4 Driver Instruction

•    Drive the Slindon Valley Site

•    Drive the Slindon Safari 4x4 site 

•    Recovery/Winch Training

•    Summer Camp T-shirt

•    Windscreen decal

•    Wild Camping Saturday night

Tickets for the Jeep Owners Club Weekend Adventure  are:

•    £40 for VIP members.   

•    £52 for Gold members.

•    £60 for Silver members. 

Advance ticket sales only, and your ticket is for the weekend whether you choose to attend one or both days. You must be a member of the club (easy to join) and road legal Jeeps only.

So, two days of offroad site privately hired for members only, recovery and winch tuition on Saturday, 4x4 tuition on Sunday included with your ticket,  Wild Camping Saturday night, a Summer Camp T-shirt,  Windscreen decal, and of course meeting up with fellow awesome members of our club! There will be a burger SUNDAY ONLY. Please bring your lunch etc. on Saturday. There will be portaloos at both sites. Joining instructions will be sent to paid ticketholders closer to the event.

Camping

Optional Camping limited camping spaces are available this year, but we managed to reserve a block of safely spaced pitches at a full service campground. You need to book directly and pay the campsite directly and tell them you are with the Jeep Owners Club when booking in order to get to our section. Again, you will need to book directly with Washington Camping and Caravan Site on 01903892869 ask for Karen and say Jeep Owners Club. Once these are gone they’re gone. See other post already on the forum. 

Saturday Night Special Wild Camping: 

After our first off road day finishes at 5pm, and included in your ticket is wild camping back at Slindon Safari with no facilities, so same as when

out on the trails. Take your "stuff" with you. After the offroad driving ceases at 5pm Saturday there will be strictly no driving of the site trails after that time given the restrictions (and immediate neighbours that include the site owner.)

We hope that you can appreciate the amount of effort that has gone into holding any type of event this year. Everyone is looking forward to meeting up and having a great time. 

*Ticket is per road legal Jeep, entitles you to Saturday and Sunday offroad sites, 4x4 tuition, winch and recovery tuition.

*Limited optional camping is available to self-book at Washington Camping and Caravan Site, see other post.

Tickets On Sale now in the JOC Store BOOK NOW

Directions

Slindon Safari 4x4 Driving Centre

Situated on north side of A27 between Arundel and Fontwell West Sussex Nearly opposite Stakis Hotel turning

Shellbridge Road

Arundel BN18 0NB, UK

50.860468, -0.619861

CB Channel : 5 (UK)

JOC Team  

Volant165 

Brad

Jules

Neal

Mrs Volant165

JOC Attendees  

Jerryg

Timc

Slammedeluxe

Digger

Black_box_jeep

DanSeldon

Spookie the aardvark 

Steve Bayliss 

matt the sign

Deniz

TerryM

Dannyhawk

Kiwi197

DanD93

Raakhee

RATCHET247

Boxerfan

Tom3Warren

eastbournesmiths

TonyandAneta

John Drinkwater

Jason killian

Mike WK2

MartinJC

Stitch4x4

Greywolf

Jeeper

BigTobyD

BigTobyD

Bailey.J.W

Killer

Rick Kiesel

Rico.Rubicon

Flave 67

razer1956

CandsEvo7

Conrad

Razer1952

Terry

Callambus

simon.meadows

MTBJeep3r

Georgiesrubiconadventures

Mikey

Karl Dawson

XMFjeep

Chris85

Ozzy TheJeep

Caroline12

MartinR

Dave.B

Droid

Christian Hawker

Badders

JeepmanUK

Juicie Lucy

MGomes

Doodle

Wildjeeper62

Geoff Meadows

CunningJeepesCreepers

Amina anotonia 

DavidWMT10

Jacob Davies

Callum JKU

Rodeoqueen 

Firoz

OTRUK

Tony Reade

S11nny

Westcoastjeeper

Windowlicker

Zapcat

Reserve List

• Platinum Member

Great start to the #JOCSumerCamp2021

Totally worth the 3 hours I spent cleaning my Jeep yesterday 😆

20210814_145748-01.jpeg

20210814_093156-01.jpeg

20210814_094957-01.jpeg

20210814_095004-01.jpeg

20210814_110821-01.jpeg

20210814_111215-01.jpeg

• Like 7

• Platinum Member
eastbournesmiths

A great 1st day and we loved watching the JOC Team racing up the sand climbs. Thanks to all those who gave up their time to clear the trials for us to enjoy and we look forward to doing it all again tomorrow.

20210814_102036.jpg

20210814_111618.jpg

20210814_111550.jpg

20210814_113431.jpg

20210814_113705.jpg

20210814_113932.jpg

20210814_131413.jpg

20210814_140728.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member
eastbournesmiths

2nd Day has been fantastic and thanks to all of the JOC Team for hosting such a great weekend. Looking forward to the next event.

20210815_101216.jpg

20210815_123025.jpg

20210815_133029.jpg

20210815_133320.jpg

20210815_133940.jpg

20210815_134033.jpg

20210815_134234.jpg

20210815_134059.jpg

20210815_135347.jpg

20210815_135446.jpg

20210815_115331.jpg

20210815_101443.jpg

20210815_101123.jpg

• Like 6

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

To be honest PBD I don't think there were any WH/WKs there, but I stand to be corrected on that 😎👍

Maybe you should have brought yours down as a representative of the WH/WK community 👍🤣🤣

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

What a fantastic couple of days! Lovely to meet everyone and see the amazing hardware in its natural environment. Enjoyed seeing the other WJs and learning what they can (and cant) do off road. Many thanks to all the organisers for the hard work in organising and in particular Neil for putting up with all our newbie questions and letting us gatecrash his camp 🙂 looking forward to the next event!

Oliver, Jayne and Alexander

• Like 5

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
1 hour ago, PDB said:

Looks like hreat weather and a great turnout 👌.

I can't see any WH/WK models in the photos?

There were 4 WG/WJs there, two 4.7 V8 H.O.s and two 2.7 CRDs - not seen that many together for a while 👍👍👍👍😎

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
18 minutes ago, Kiwi197 said:

Enjoyed seeing the other WJs and learning what they can (and cant) do off road

Not much that a WJ/WG cannot do so maybe a few mods to yours and then us WJ/WG owners can take on the best of the Wranglers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
1 hour ago, PDB said:

Ha! Yes I should have. But I'm jinxed to ever make JOC summercamp in a jeep!

Did you make it over the hill without grounding out this time Spooky?

Could always have a WG tow yours to Summer Camp PBD 🤣🤣🤣

Yes mate I did get up and over the hill ............ TWICE 😁👍😁👍 All the mods worked a treat. Did get to the hill befor the big boys with big toys to at least have a fighting chance, but all worked good

Had one slight problem of a bit too much stupidity 🤪😳 Trundled off round the main site at Slindon and found a very nice very big puddle. What is a man and a WG ment to do when you find a very nice very big puddle ???????????? 🤔

The devil on the shoulder was telling me "to drive on in" so I did and it went fine until it got suddenly deeper and the Jeep lost all traction, couldn't go forward or back. Engine kept running, wheels kept turning and by this time just the tops of the wheels are showing above the water.

It should be said that lots of people pulled up to laugh ........ fair enough on that one 🤣 and one proved the JOC motto "Camera Before Recovery". The nicest Jeeper in the world and his wife not only offered to winch me out but then also he waded into to hitch me up, it took two Jeeps in the end to pull me out.

As the photos show the puddle doesn't look that big but trust me it is 🤔 at one point the water was coming in the drivers side door and filled my foot well and the rear as well, even shorted out the amp so no music to drive by 🤯

Lest you think this was just Spookie being an idiot, later the same afternoon I went back to the same area and found a KJ spinning his wheels in the same puddle, it was pleasing to note that I got a lot further into it than he did 🤣🤣 It took Jerrys Jeep and mine to pull him out with Jules directing as there were a few stropes in use to do it 🤣🤣

Sorry my fault for forgeting "Camera Before Recovery" so no pics from my end 😳🤗

IMG_20210815_124150.jpg

IMG_20210815_124203.jpg

IMG_20210815_111337.jpg

IMG_20210815_111321.jpg

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
1 hour ago, PDB said:

Ha! Yes I should have. But I'm jinxed to ever make JOC summercamp in a jeep!

Did you make it over the hill without grounding out this time Spooky?

And yes I did spend over an our with a sponge trying to bail the water out - no one with a rifle handy when you need one 🤯🤔🤣

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
1 hour ago, JimC said:

Not much that a WJ/WG cannot do so maybe a few mods to yours and then us WJ/WG owners can take on the best of the Wranglers.

HA HA WG/WJs take over the world ................................ only big puddles can hinder us 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

As others have already said, a huge thank you to all the JOC Team for the amazing effort put in to make this such a fantastic weekend for everybody 🤗👍🤗👍🤗

It was so good to be able to catch up with old friends and to make new friends as well, this what any club should be about and JOC excels at it - long may it continue 😎

Hope to meet up with you all again very soon 👍

A huge THANK YOU to the Jeepers who spent time and went wading to winch me out of the big puddle, it was starting to so wet inside my Jeep that I suspected it had been built by Land Rover 🤣

Sorry about the lack of photos as it would seem I was too busy being a holigan or getting stuck in puddles or forgeting the JOC motto "Camera Before Recovery" 😳 It's a good thing we have Raakhee as she is the Jeep Ninja Photo taker, you never see her but she will get pictures of you (when you least expect it)🥷🥷🥷🤣🤣🤣

IMG_20210815_104812.jpg

IMG_20210815_104823.jpg

IMG_20210815_104841.jpg

IMG_20210815_104909.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member

Day 2 was even more fun. More Jeep, more space to play in, and mud 😆. Thanks again to the JOC team who work tirelessly behind the scenes to make these amazing day possible. With my lifting springs and BF Goodrich tyres and encouragement from Simon I went through the articulation pit. Not a daunting as I thought. Thanks Simon for that. 

20210815_094728-01.jpeg

20210815_095038-01.jpeg

20210815_094840-01.jpeg

20210815_094856-01.jpeg

20210815_101039-01.jpeg

20210815_112420-01.jpeg

20210815_104739-01.jpeg

20210815_140807-01.jpeg

20210815_140855-01.jpeg

20210815_144257-01.jpeg

1629061241292.jpg

20210815_144347-01.jpeg

• Like 5

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved with organising the weekend. Brought the whole family and we had a great time!

19ABE471-B32E-49CD-BBD3-B95ECB752879.jpeg

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
16 hours ago, spookie the aardvark said:

Could always have a WG tow yours to Summer Camp PBD 🤣🤣🤣

Yes mate I did get up and over the hill ............ TWICE 😁👍😁👍 All the mods worked a treat. Did get to the hill befor the big boys with big toys to at least have a fighting chance, but all worked good

Had one slight problem of a bit too much stupidity 🤪😳 Trundled off round the main site at Slindon and found a very nice very big puddle. What is a man and a WG ment to do when you find a very nice very big puddle ???????????? 🤔

The devil on the shoulder was telling me "to drive on in" so I did and it went fine until it got suddenly deeper and the Jeep lost all traction, couldn't go forward or back. Engine kept running, wheels kept turning and by this time just the tops of the wheels are showing above the water.

It should be said that lots of people pulled up to laugh ........ fair enough on that one 🤣 and one proved the JOC motto "Camera Before Recovery". The nicest Jeeper in the world and his wife not only offered to winch me out but then also he waded into to hitch me up, it took two Jeeps in the end to pull me out.

As the photos show the puddle doesn't look that big but trust me it is 🤔 at one point the water was coming in the drivers side door and filled my foot well and the rear as well, even shorted out the amp so no music to drive by 🤯

Lest you think this was just Spookie being an idiot, later the same afternoon I went back to the same area and found a KJ spinning his wheels in the same puddle, it was pleasing to note that I got a lot further into it than he did 🤣🤣 It took Jerrys Jeep and mine to pull him out with Jules directing as there were a few stropes in use to do it 🤣🤣

Sorry my fault for forgeting "Camera Before Recovery" so no pics from my end 😳🤗

IMG_20210815_124150.jpg

IMG_20210815_124203.jpg

IMG_20210815_111337.jpg

IMG_20210815_111321.jpg

FB0AD8DD-9555-4E6C-BBD4-A2DF6B0EAA63.jpeg

CDC9D980-DC73-40EC-918A-7B06EBDB08D3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
2 hours ago, PDB said:

New door seals Spookie or did the water come up through the floor trim?

Through the door seals after I decided to get out, get wet and hook up the winch cable 🤔 Quickly shut door again but it wouldnt seal - that's what you get for trying to be a gentleman 🤣🤣

That was a lot of water that came in mate .................. might have to change her name from Aardvark to Titanic 🤣🤣

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
2 hours ago, XMFjeep said:

Ha! We were there to catch the action! Good effort! 😀

Hmmmmmm me thinks that might have been a touch too deep 🤔

Good thing someone remembered the JOC motto "Camera Before Recovery" ......................... but forgot the recovery bit 🤣🤪🤯

The photos are great, thanks for posting them 👍🤣😳

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
6 minutes ago, PDB said:

You've seen 'The Dukes of Hazard' right? That's what the windows are for on American vee-hickles 😁

HA HA did think about that or maybe the emergancy escape portal ..................................... otherwise know as the sun roof😎😁🤗

• Platinum Member

That is a very smart CJ7 Laredo in a couple of those pics. With half doors too, very nice indeed. Who is the proud owner of that?

• Platinum Member

First, many sincere thanks to all the organisers who put in a fantastic effort to give all of us a gr8 weekend.  There were many,many terrific

jeeps to be seen and a host of friendly drivers. Fun was had by all. Can't wait for next time!

Following up on PDBs comments re the absence or scarcity of WKs.  Sadly it actually applies to many older models.The Jeep brand is about an enormous history of adventure and success in many off road fields.  I ,and others felt it was a shame that so few members with older jems failed to come along. I noticed a small number of TJs, one solitary CJ (a cracker! ), two KJs, no XJs, the WJs, no WKs, no ZJs, no Willys etc  and only one YJ. 

So, come on all you folk with some brilliant Jeep cars,bring'em out.  Let us other enthusiasts see them and watch them being used. Let's face it, there's not a lot they can't do and wouldn't it be nice to see a few more pics of oldies in action!

• Like 5