80th Anniversary of Willys Jeeps.

Chris Redford

• Platinum Member
Chris Redford

Early heads up I know but I have noticed that there is advertised at BrooklandsMuseum.com a Military Vehicle Day on Sunday 21st November, including demonstrations over an off-road course, but also inclusive of celebrating Willys Jeep 80th Anniversary.

Brooklands is easily reached off the south west side of the M25. Part of the steep banking still exists - not advised officially but nearly impossible to climb to the top. Several other themed- museums on the site if Military Vehicles is not your thing. Mercedes UK skid pan is nearby, and major shopping outlets - all on the old Brooklands airfield where amazingly the first VC10's flew out of.

A good venue if you haven't been / it's not too far. I plan to be there with my camera. Hopefully not too busy on a November Sunday.

Best, Chris

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
5 hours ago, Chris Redford said:

Early heads up I know but I have noticed that there is advertised at BrooklandsMuseum.com a Military Vehicle Day on Sunday 21st November, including demonstrations over an off-road course, but also inclusive of celebrating Willys Jeep 80th Anniversary.

Brooklands is easily reached off the south west side of the M25. Part of the steep banking still exists - not advised officially but nearly impossible to climb to the top. Several other themed- museums on the site if Military Vehicles is not your thing. Mercedes UK skid pan is nearby, and major shopping outlets - all on the old Brooklands airfield where amazingly the first VC10's flew out of.

A good venue if you haven't been / it's not too far. I plan to be there with my camera. Hopefully not too busy on a November Sunday.

Best, Chris

I used to work at LG Electronics which is on Brooklands drive. Spent many lunch hours walking around the track and watching the racing. Even got to see Lewis Hamilton make an appearance