New Dealer in South East

Lancer

• Platinum Member

Like many in my area, the main dealer I used to go to was Whitehouse in Bexleyheath/Crayford, until that company (and it's successor) went out of business.

Ancaster at 132 Park View Road Welling DA16 1SJ tel 02082986300  - opposite Welling Football ground, are now approved Jeep dealers as well as Fiat and Alfa Romeo.

I had them fit my new front discs and pads (I won't do brakes myself) and the job was done well and at (I thought) a fair price.

• Platinum Member

Oh wow ... Another Welling Jeeper ;)

I had a look at the new Grand there a couple if weeks ago, was a bit shocked when I saw the Jeeps between the Alfas.,

Hows their prices??

• Platinum Member

Not bad - fixed price of £90 incl vat to fit new front discs and pads(I provided the bits - EBC drilled & slotted + greenstuff pads).  I was quoted £50 +vat per hour by an independent with a time estimate of 1.5 hours all up, so no real difference. Ancaster was a lot closer than the indy, so a lot more convenient - and as I said - it was a fixed price - I like these as you never know what difficulties can crop up during a job! They also offer a monthly service plan if you want; I tend to do oil etc changes myself as I have to work in the street outside my house so anything involving taking engines to bits etc I pay a mechanic with the facilities!

• 10 months later...
  • Platinum Member

Update on Ancaster. John - the senior tech at Whitehouse who went to WrightTech, is now at Ancaster Welling.