The end of 2 Door Wranglers

eastbournesmiths

• Platinum Member
eastbournesmiths

Sad to see the news reports that 2 Door Wranglers will not be imported to Europe/UK from next year and our only choice for a new Wrangler will be the 4xe

https://jalopnik.com/so-much-for-two-door-jeep-wranglers-in-europe-1847195910

Not great if like us you have an old house with limited capacity incoming electric supply and can't add a car charger. Looks like I need to keep my trusty JK going for many years to come!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Platinum Member
eastbournesmiths

Further Update: Having read further articles although we will still lose the 2 Door Wrangler it appears our right hand drive layout means we also won't get the 4xe so the petrol 4 door Wrangler will be kept on but just in the UK.

https://www.autonews.com/retail/stellantis-halt-sales-2-door-jeep-wrangler-europe-2022

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

I think the cost of mechanical only jeeps will start to rise, as you can’t buy what you want new. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
Rick Kiesel

Also some new info here in that "The shorter wheelbase of the two-door Wrangler... does not allow enough space for a hybrid drivetrain to be fitted." 

I suspected that was going to be the case as the 4xe transmission is a long sucker!

P.S. just bought a 2020 Rubicon today, and yes it's a 2-door baby!

• Like 2