American Speedfest 8 - 3rd - 4th July 2021

JimC

• Platinum Member

MSV American Speedfest 2021 Event Report -ย 

Please post all your photos and comments here.ย 

ย 

"The Jeep Owners Club are pleased toย announce that we are once again attending the American Speedfest at Brands hatchย with a display stand.

ย 

If you would like to be apart of our club display please visit;

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=msv+american+speedfest+2021&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safariย and book your place.

ย 

If you booked a place for the 2020 event and did not request a refund from MSV then you will automatically be allocated the same at no extra charge Iย believe.

ย 

Display vehicles for the event will benefit fromย a 50% reduction on entry fee whichย includesย the driver.

One passenger will also qualify for a 50% reduction onย admission fee.

All others must be in possession of a valid entry ticket.

ย 

***There are limited spaces available on our stand***

All applications to display your Jeep and any payments are to be made via the MSV website.

ย 

LET US KNOW ONCE YOU HAVE BOOKED A ย DISPLAY VEHICLE SPACE FOR THIS YEARS EVENT OR THAT YOU ARE CARRYING OVER YOUR SPACE FROM LAST YEAR.

Once your application has been accepted a reply will be forwarded to you from MSVย by email. It is at this point you will be able to pay for your display admission ticket etc.

ย 

E tickets will be forwarded by email to you fromย MSV for printing.

YOU MUST BRING A PRINTED COPYย WITH YOU. NO OTHER MEANS OF PROOF OF PURCHASE IS ACCEPTED BY MSV AT THE POINT OF ENTRY TO THE EVENT.

Please read the MSV โ€œ Help & FAQsโ€ section if needed.

ย 

The Jeep Owners Club are unable to book any displayย vehicle tickets, general admission tickets, optional extras or camping. You must book all you requirements via MSV for this event.

ย 

For those who would like to camp the club normally have a group camping within the โ€œquietโ€ area.....somewhere!

ย 

We hope that you will join us for the event.

Our stand is inย a prime location to show your Jeep,ย within easy access forย the weekends trackย actionย and all the attractions at the circuit.

ย 

Jules

ย 

Attending;

Saturday;

Jules - Wranglerย JKUR Recon

Jim - Grand Cherokee WG

Volant165- Grand Cherokee Trackhawk

Spookie the aardvark - Grand Cherokee WG

Raakhee - Renegade

matt the sign - Wrangler JLU R

Bela - Wrangler JK

Chris Redford - Grand Cherokee WG

ย 

Sunday;

Jules - Wrangler JKUR Recon

Jim - Grand Cherokee WG

Volant165 - Grand Cherokee Trackhawk

Spookie the aardvark - Grand Cherokee WG

Parky 4x4 - Grand Cherokee ZJ

Raakhee - Renegade

matt the sign - Wrangler JLU R

Bela - Wrangler JK

Chris Redford - Grand Cherokee WG

TJTrev - Wrangler TJ

ย 

Camping;

Friday night.....

Spookie the aardvark

matt the sign

Bela

ย 

Saturday night.....

Spookie the aardvark

matt the sign

Bela

ย 

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

Been an amazing weekend so far and looks like more fun tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜ Kinda in V8 heaven at the moment ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‡

Parky cant wait to see your ZJ in the morning. Stop polishing it and it will stop raining ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿšซ

• Like 3

• Platinum Member

Was an amazing day. Nothing better than the sound of a V8 engine. And all those gorgeous cars. Especially that Teal Thunderbird ๐Ÿ’™

Looking forward to tomorrow's races and the paradeย 

PIP_5_20210703215636.jpg

PhotoGrid_1_20210703215912.jpg

PhotoGrid_1_20210703215941.jpg

PhotoGrid_1_20210703220026.jpg

PhotoGrid_1_20210703220144.jpg

PhotoGrid_1_20210703220356.jpg

PhotoGrid_1_20210703220445.jpg

PhotoGrid_1_20210703220528.jpg

PhotoGrid_1_20210703220628.jpg

PhotoGrid_1_20210703220716.jpg

PhotoGrid_1_20210703220838.jpg

PhotoGrid_1_20210703220942.jpg

• Like 4

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

Spookie gets revenge and Rakhee gets "Ducked" ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‡

IMG_20210704_124508.jpg

IMG_20210704_124427.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Platinum Member

Looks like you all had a great time and more pics please.

Well done to Jules and Jim O for organising this great event and we look forward to 2022.

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

To echo what everyone else has said - it was an amazing weekend all round ๐Ÿ‘ Huge thanks to the JOC guys who organised everything, mission accomplished ๐Ÿ˜ It was fantastic to meet up again with some of the Jeepers I have met once or twice before and meet a lot of new friends, made this event even more special ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

ย 

My thanks to Indigo jeep for the nice video of my naff rear bumper for all to see ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

The parade laps of Brands Hatch were too amazing for words, still can't believe that really happened - did it really happen? did we really drive two laps of Brands Hatch (should be noted that none of the display cars/trucks ect crashedย ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ) ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ It was also fantastic that the Jeep Owners Club all played "Follow the Duck" and yes it's offical that:

1. it was the only inflatable duck on the track
  2. it completed 2 laps of Brands Hatch and lived to tell the tale
  3. none of the Jeeps or the duck exceed the 30MPH track speed limit - Maybe/possibly/sort of
  4. is now in Raakhee's care ........................................... untill the next event - BEWARE THE RETURN OF THE DUCKย ย ย ย ย  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

As soon as my phones are charged I will post some more photos and if I can work out how to get the video off of my works phone will post that as well ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคช

ย 

Again my huge thanks for all those who made it such an unforgetable weekend - Jules even made the rain stop and the sun shine - what a guy ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Like 5

• Platinum Member

Edited some of my Dashcam video. Here is lap 1 around Brands Hatch Circuit. Featuring @Parky 4x4ย ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

That was awesome Raakhee ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ But I'm sure that's your "Duck cam" ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member
55 minutes ago, spookie the aardvark said:

That was awesome Raakhee ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ But I'm sure that's your "Duck cam" ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Caught in the act of ducking my Jeep ๐Ÿ˜„

20210704_124333.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member

When we arrived on Sunday it was inย the midst of all the Mustangs arriving. Was pretty awesome to be surrounded by them.

There was also a signed A-Team van.

ย 

Some video of the cops following us

20210704_082740.jpg

20210704_095332.jpg

20210704_095346.jpg

20210704_095409.jpg

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

ย 

6 minutes ago, Raakhee said:

Caught in the act of ducking my Jeep ๐Ÿ˜„

20210704_124333.jpg

Just had to be done, never accuse a redneck aardvark of "woosing out"๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคฃ Revenge is sweet ๐Ÿ‘ even if the duck got more interest than the rest of the Jeeps ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคฃ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
4 minutes ago, Raakhee said:

When we arrived on Sunday it was inย the midst of all the Mustangs arriving. Was pretty awesome to be surrounded by them.

There was also a signed A-Team van.

ย 

Some video of the cops following us

20210704_082740.jpg

20210704_095332.jpg

20210704_095346.jpg

20210704_095409.jpg

It looks like something out of the "Blues Brothers" film ๐Ÿคฃ JOC being chased around Brands Hatch by the Police???????????? maybe doing more than 30MPH wasn't a good idea ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคฃ

Maybe they just thought the duck was getting kidnapped ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member

I think I got up to 42mph before remembering I had the duck on the roof ๐Ÿ˜ณ

• Haha 2

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

No, no, no we never went over the 30mph track limit did we???????????????????? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘

Sounds like the next club competition - who can drive the fastest and still keep Speedfest Duck on the roof - might have to get some repair kits ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Edited by spookie the aardvark
  • Haha 2

• Platinum Member
3 hours ago, Raakhee said:

Edited some of my Dashcam video. Here is lap 1 around Brands Hatch Circuit. Featuring @Parky 4x4ย ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

ย 

I'm being chased by that duck๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ great day great peopleย 

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, spookie the aardvark said:

No, no, no we never went over the 30mph track limit did we???????????????????? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘

Sounds like the next club competition - who can drive the fastest and still keep Speedfest Duck on the roof - might have to get some repair kits ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

no no we didnt๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ I think I only went 15mph๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

so good to meet you guys, really nice to chat to some of you and thanks to the guys for organising it, really appreciate it!!! so well worth it even though the weather was a bit up and down, loved the parade, but I keep looking in my rear view mirror to make sure I'm not being followed by a big yellow duck๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

20210704_113800.jpg

20210704_114015.jpg

20210704_114026.jpg

IMG-20210704-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20210704-WA0020.jpg

• Like 3

• Platinum Member

Look and sound that you guys and girls had a really great couple of days at Brands Hatch and thank you for introducing us to ducky.

Is ducky their correct name?

• Platinum Member

42mph maximum on my dashcam. I started to slow down as I remembered the duck ๐Ÿ˜† Dashcam is still on Wintertime which why its an hour behind. Ducky is living his best life in my lounge watching Netflix all day ๐Ÿ˜†

ย 

It was an amazing weekend. I loved all those races and American cars especially the vintage ones. Thanks JOC team for arranging this.ย 

ย 

ย 

Screenshot_20210706-061910_YouTube.jpg

• Haha 1