Wrangler 4xe no more

IrishMick

• Platinum Member
IrishMick

Well, guess that settles it. Caught this on another site. Shame but I suppose as some of us drive LHD versions we'll all be headed to France to get one?

FB_IMG_1619853342931.jpg

• Platinum Member
Volant165

Yeah, not this year. 

You like me, you can wait or get a left hooker years ahead of arrival.

• Platinum Member
IrishMick
5 minutes ago, Volant165 said:

Yeah, not this year. 

You like me, you can wait or get a left hooker years ahead of arrival.

AUS hasn't been ruled out though. Could import but my money is on the 392 HEMI version 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
Rick Kiesel

Really!? I can’t believe they’re not bringing this to the UK. I just got done watching this video with the head engineer at Jeep making the point this would be rolled out all over the world and specifically mentioned the ULEZ charge in London as a case point to push this model.

Might be some poor internal communications within Jeep UK (it wouldn’t be the first time).

• Platinum Member
Volant165

I am sure it will hit the UK but we seem to be 18 months+ behind new model intros 

• Platinum Member
jeepjimboy

So I'll possibly have a year or two in the Subaru hybrid before getting back into a 'lecy Wrangler eh.🤔

• Platinum Member

i must say, the last thing i want is an electric jeep, but i do appreciate that it is coming, it is just not what American jeeps are all about, i have craved for years for jeep to put a "proper" engine in a jeep wrangler, jeeps are not a tree huggers mode of transport, if you want that, go buy a Leaf or some other boring electric car,  i know we all have to move forwards, but if that is what you want, go buy a tree hugging, environmentally friendly boring, plain, and  totally un exciting car. sorry for the rant, but it is just not what this brand is all about. 

proper jeeps have big engines, make lots of noise, and throw mud and dust everywhere.............  

• Haha 2

• Platinum Member
Rick Kiesel
On 02/05/2021 at 14:12, Volant165 said:

I am sure it will hit the UK but we seem to be 18 months+ behind new model intros 

Yes, that makes more sense.

As for me I’m really excited to see an electric Wrangler. 442 lb-ft of instant torque, hell yeah I’ll take that. With any new technical advancement there’s always fear of change. I remember when fuel injection came out, entire race teams vowed never to use anything other than a carb because that’s the only way to produce power. That and the “no replacement for displacement” crowd. Back in the 90’s who would of thought that a 2 liter production car could easily push 300hp +

Don’t get me wrong (and Frosty I love the rant don’t stop) I drive an 02 wrangler, 4.0 inline six with manual everything and absolutely love it!!! But I know very soon all of our vehicles are going to look pathetic in the near future.

• Platinum Member
IrishMick
On 05/05/2021 at 22:18, Rick Kiesel said:

Yes, that makes more sense.

As for me I’m really excited to see an electric Wrangler. 442 lb-ft of instant torque, hell yeah I’ll take that. With any new technical advancement there’s always fear of change. I remember when fuel injection came out, entire race teams vowed never to use anything other than a carb because that’s the only way to produce power. That and the “no replacement for displacement” crowd. Back in the 90’s who would of thought that a 2 liter production car could easily push 300hp +

Don’t get me wrong (and Frosty I love the rant don’t stop) I drive an 02 wrangler, 4.0 inline six with manual everything and absolutely love it!!! But I know very soon all of our vehicles are going to look pathetic in the near future.

The good point about a delay, if Jeep changes their mind about a 2023 rollout or longer is whatever faults like the first runs of the JL with frame issues would hopefully be worked out and we'll get a unit already fixed with whatever issues may arise in newer models. Ah well, Imma still import a 392 HEMI wrangler and Jim and I can drag race haha

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
BLUE STAR

Rick Kiesel

"Back in the 90’s who would of thought that a 2 liter production car could easily push 300hp +"

Yeah but that 2 litre (possibly)  multi turbo engine also relying on layers of electronics to work, built as cheaply as possible, wont be around as long as your straight 6 and will probably be junk in under 10 years.

Or indeed also the V6 3.8 'mini van' engine in the earlier JK Rubicon's.

Edited by BLUE STAR

• Platinum Member
On 02/05/2021 at 19:13, frosty said:

i must say, the last thing i want is an electric jeep, but i do appreciate that it is coming, it is just not what American jeeps are all about, i have craved for years for jeep to put a "proper" engine in a jeep wrangler, jeeps are not a tree huggers mode of transport, if you want that, go buy a Leaf or some other boring electric car,  i know we all have to move forwards, but if that is what you want, go buy a tree hugging, environmentally friendly boring, plain, and  totally un exciting car. sorry for the rant, but it is just not what this brand is all about. 

proper jeeps have big engines, make lots of noise, and throw mud and dust everywhere.............  

frosty I’ve got to disagree with your sentiment on this one.  I think Tesla have proven electric cars are definitely not boring; shape maybe but but from speed and acceleration. Look at how many companies take Tesla motor and battery technology and retro-fit into standard cars.  Lotus’ foray into this electric car world has them produce a vehicle with 500bhp at each wheel.

I think an electric Jeep done correctly would be great. The torque at the wheels would be amazing and allow for lots of mud and dust to be thrown. 

the only downside at the moment would be range and how you charged on the trail. 

as for engine noise, buy a sound track and play it loud. After all, most new vehicles have a degree of synthesised engine noise. .......