Hello from a potential new Jeep owner

Keith_L

• Platinum Member
11 hours ago, iomkeith said:

We're Keith's going in opposite directions.  I've just sold my Discovery 2 after getting my Jeep! 

The Disco is a brilliant off-road vehicle (2" lift & big wheels). I used to say, "it goes everywhere the Defenders go,  only in comfort, with heated seats and air-conditioning". But, being a Land Rover, it was always either broken-down, or looking for its next place to break-down. Practice engaging low-box and keep doing it regularly. Mine was temperamental much of the time and totally seized on a couple of occasions, so just went most places in high!  

Much the same reason we stopped looking for a Defender and went for a Discovery instead.  Thanks for the tip about low range.  A number we tested wouldn't go into low range properly and the owners would say they never used it.

• Platinum Member
On 23/04/2021 at 09:20, Keith_L said:

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have moved to the dark side (well the green side really) and put a deposit down on a Land Rover Discovery 2.

I wanted to thank everyone here for their help, advice and encouragement during our search for a Wrangler.

Hopefully we can all get out there this summer and enjoy our vehicles to the full.

Thanks again.

Keith

Hi Keith,

Sorry to here you couldn't "join" the club and found that we are a fun and supportive lot of Jeep Owners.

Various club members me included often go out with Landy dominated Shropshire Lanes which is a great group out your way headed by a JOC member and regional rep. So, maybe we will bump into each other -- or at least show you the Discovery Recovery points on a Jeep. 😝

Jim

• Haha 1