Front diff and prop problems

MattMaclaren

• Platinum Member
MattMaclaren

Hi guys and gals. 

Had a problem the other night with the commander and hoping someone can help me out. The mile of my journey to my mother's house was greeting by a knocking noise at the front end which sounded diff related. 

So I nursed her to my mums so I could get under to have a look and I found out the my front diff Bush at the rear is shot. Completely gone and changing from reverse to drive and back and forth the whole diff is jumping up and down. 

So yesterday to get moving again I thought il do same with my old wj quadra drive system. Remove the front prop so I can run it in rear drive only so it's still mobile. So I removed the front prop and now I have no drive to the rear wheels!! 😡How annoyed was I! Yet when I flicked it into 4 low it moved fine. Back and forth and it stopped the banging noise. 

However of course I can't drive it in 4 low on the roads but I have no idea why it won't move in rwd at all? Is it to do with the quadra drive 2 system or do I have a more serious problem I need to be looking at? 

Thanks for reading any help or info will be really appreciated as I'm truly stuck with this one on what to do next. Especially if it should move in rwd when I'm not getting that 

The WK, so I presume the Commander, too, locks the centre diff in Lo ratio, which is why you get power to the rear diff. In Hi, the centre diff is not locked.

• Platinum Member

James at Jeep Care Ltd. in Enfield His know Jeeps/diffs extremely well. 02088052288