From another site ,dealer closing.

tedthefed

• Platinum Member

Horsham Car Centre
We are very sad to announce that after 40 years trading, we are having to close our doors with immediate effect.

The lack of business due to Covid-19 lockdown is unsustainable. 

If you are an MG Customer, your nearest dealers are

Hendy in Crawley (Tel: 01293 737639) 

Jermyn in Seaford (Tel: 01323 898818).

For Jeep, your nearest dealers are

FG Barnes in Guildford (Tel: 01483 617363)

PDH in Hassocks (Tel: 01273 845544).

We would like to thank all our Customers for your loyal support and good wishes.

If you need to contact us, please call 01403 272747 and leave a message and someone will get back to you

Thank you

• Platinum Member

Sad to see them go. Many great times with Horsham at events and no shortage of new Jeeps delivered to JOC members there. 

• Administrators

Sad news hope all the guys & girls find new jobs we had a great service from the team at Horsham and support for JOC over the years, Horsham was the first dealer to support the club in the early days ! 

• Platinum Member

Very sad news 🙁

As others have said, I hope the staff find jobs elsewhere ... tough times.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Definitely tough times for lots of folk. Let's hope it gets brighter soon eh.

But that answers my wonder as to why they weren't interested in PX'ing my 2015 for a pre reg when I called them 4 or 5 weeks ago. Hey ho, I do hope that they all get jobs sorted elsewhere though.

• Platinum Member

I can remember first visiting HCC 30 years ago.  When they took on the Jeep franchise a few years later, they quickly carved out a niche as one of the few dealers who really understood the product.  That reputation remained, and as Jeep franchises under FCA were taken up largely by disinterested Fiat dealers, HCC became the last bastion of the 'proper' Jeep dealers - if you wanted a Wrangler, they were who you spoke to.

It must be galling to have to close now, with the final stages of lockdown now in sight.  MG are working hard to expand their dealer network, and Jeep desperately needs switched-on dealers to avoid disappearing into obscurity.  I can only hope both manufacturers consider providing some level of support, and that perhaps John and his team can stage a comeback.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, fen01 said:

wow!!!

I think there are fair few jeeps owned in this forum came through Jeep Horsham

By and large they understood Wrangler customers needs  !! 

• Platinum Member
7 hours ago, stewart said:

By and large they understood Wrangler customers needs  !! 

They sure did 👍

Which is why I would only allow them to service my JKUR - which I also purchased from them, with Stewart’s kind assistance, over 5 years ago. 

I was due to visit for a service this month. Sad I won’t be seeing Sossio and his team ...

Can anyone recommend someone in the Kent area❓
PS Jules, who do you use?

Unsure where i will be going Kerry as I always drove to Horsham. A font of Jeep knowledge and experience which has now gone.

I know there are several Jeep dealers that are considerably closer than Horsham were for us, but never used any of them. 

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Jules said:

Unsure where i will be going Kerry as I always drove to Horsham. A font of Jeep knowledge and experience which has now gone.

I know there are several Jeep dealers that are considerably closer than Horsham were for us, but never used any of them. 

Noted 👍

Let me know if you find someone ... and I will do likewise.

As you say, a wealth of knowledge and trust has been taken out of the Jeep community ... maybe some of the team will resurface at some point. We can but hope ...

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

A shame the garage has closed but as others have said if the knowledge is with the mechanics then surely they can move