Up coming events

Guest razer1956

Guest razer1956

Hi will you be updating any events happening this year on the website. I have found on google search, have found three events listed but from that search cannot access info. It tells you to login if you are a VIP or gold member which I am but tells you the page cannot be found. Confused??

• Platinum Member

See this thread for some info 👍

2021 events - General Jeep Chat - Jeep Owners Club

Edited by TimC

• Platinum Member

Hmmm, doesn't seem to have put the link in. Anyway, it's 2021 events if you search.

• Platinum Member

Carnatter Jeeps and Coffee is very keen to host us. Waiting on dates for May.

We are waiting on dates to be confirmed for Thetford Forest in June. We could use some group leaders, Jim C is running that please let him know if you could lead a group. It will be supported by Alex from Buzz Special vehicles too, a great club supporter

July 3-4 display only American Speedfest, tickets avialable NOW instructions on the forum, Jules the master of that event.

For Summer Camp Bala unfortunately our first choice is not taking group bookings for the rest of the year as they are playing catch up with a backlog of training courses that they need to deliver. The good news is that we pencilled in Summer Camp 2022 at Bala! Wow, more than an a year in advance. We will shoot for August when bookings are allowed.

We contacted John at Slindon who is a good club supporter and he absolutely agreed to book and confirm August 15-16th for our Summer Camp. He will once again open up Slindon Valley just for us, and the main site for our Summer Camp.

We are piecing together enhancements to Summer Camp this year but it is a slow go getting responses from almost everybody. Please bear with us it will be a great event. (Wild camping Saturday night at the main site too.) We will be looking for volunteers with chain saws and hedge trimmers to join us a week before Summer Camp for a reccie and clear out of the site's trails.

Whitcliff Quarry is 11 September, signup is not live yet. This is a limited space event that sells out. As soon as we have confirmations and pricing it will go live to book. 

October we are looking to go to Aldermaston, TBD

We have approached Kielder Forest for December.  Hopefully we can go and get snow!

And, Jeep HQ have expressed interest in hosting the JOC for an event or two. I would imagine the 80th Anniversary might come into play.

I am meeting with a dealer group on the 15th of March to discuss possible events as well.

So, as fast as we can confirm we will get the bookings going. The events industry as a whole is coming out of the Covid induced coma.

Jim O.

• Like 4

Guest razer1956

Just finished reading all the above messages. Thanks for all the info. Let's hope the coming months will be a good slow steps to recovery for the future. Derek

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
14 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Carnatter Jeeps and Coffee is very keen to host us. Waiting on dates for May.

We are waiting on dates to be confirmed for Thetford Forest in June. We could use some group leaders, Jim C is running that please let him know if you could lead a group. It will be supported by Alex from Buzz Special vehicles too, a great club supporter

July 3-4 display only American Speedfest, tickets avialable NOW instructions on the forum, Jules the master of that event.

For Summer Camp Bala unfortunately our first choice is not taking group bookings for the rest of the year as they are playing catch up with a backlog of training courses that they need to deliver. The good news is that we pencilled in Summer Camp 2022 at Bala! Wow, more than an a year in advance. We will shoot for August when bookings are allowed.

We contacted John at Slindon who is a good club supporter and he absolutely agreed to book and confirm August 15-16th for our Summer Camp. He will once again open up Slindon Valley just for us, and the main site for our Summer Camp.

We are piecing together enhancements to Summer Camp this year but it is a slow go getting responses from almost everybody. Please bear with us it will be a great event. (Wild camping Saturday night at the main site too.) We will be looking for volunteers with chain saws and hedge trimmers to join us a week before Summer Camp for a reccie and clear out of the site's trails.

Whitcliff Quarry is 11 September, signup is not live yet. This is a limited space event that sells out. As soon as we have confirmations and pricing it will go live to book. 

October we are looking to go to Aldermaston, TBD

We have approached Kielder Forest for December.  Hopefully we can go and get snow!

And, Jeep HQ have expressed interest in hosting the JOC for an event or two. I would imagine the 80th Anniversary might come into play.

I am meeting with a dealer group on the 15th of March to discuss possible events as well.

So, as fast as we can confirm we will get the bookings going. The events industry as a whole is coming out of the Covid induced coma.

Jim O.

I am not too far down the road from Slindon so if you need any help me and my chainsaw are very happy to help 😇😇 Never pass up a chance to get the chainsaw out 🤣🤣

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Ive heard rumblings about the Jeep HQ one/s - very interested in that...

Actually scratch that- Im interested in all the events...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

All being well I hope to be at Whitcliff in September. Been a few years since I went there last, just after i had built the Jeep the first time around 🤣

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, TazMann said:

All being well I hope to be at Whitcliff in September. Been a few years since I went there last, just after i had built the Jeep the first time around 🤣

I remember that one, that's where your profile pic is from isn't it? That was a fun day with some interesting recoveries, I was in the YJ that day.

• Platinum Member
50 minutes ago, TimC said:

I remember that one, that's where your profile pic is from isn't it? That was a fun day with some interesting recoveries, I was in the YJ that day.

Tim, that's correct that's my profile Pic.

I was involved in one of the recoveries when Woody managed to get stuck with the back of his Jeep hanging over the back of a drop. It was a good day. Just not sure i'll go splashing through muddy puddles anymore LOL 

The Jeep has changed a fair bit since then as well. Never seems to stay in one particular way for long 😁

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member

CarNatter Update

Arrival for 10:00-10:30 until 1pm or a bit later if needed.

Tarmack Parking and Gravel Parking (For Jeeps!) 

I will visit the site personally next week to get a better Idea, and then commence signup.

Again, we are thrilled to be one of the first clubs to reserve this venue for a club meet as I am sure CarNatter is going to become a sought after venue with its easy access one mile off the M1 Junction 16.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Private Land Meet up 12 June with Unity Automotive update.

If you were at the previous Unity Automotive JOC offroad event this is very similar but at a different location.

A small 10 acre piece of private land with some good little axle twisters, hill climbs, hill descents, rock climbs, and more challenging rock elements.  Something for all Jeeps from shiny new with no mods to lifted/modded with underbelly protection. And if it is wet day, all the more interesting? 

As soon as Unity can release joining instructions / location they will and so will we.

Signup will be limited to 20 JOC Jeeps for the AM session which will run 10am to 12 Noon.  PM session will be limited to a max of 20 JOC Jeeps and will run from 1pm to 3pm. 

As spaces are limited we will to VIP first, Gold 24 hours later, and Silver 24 hours after that.

Please watch the events section, we will make an announcement and send an email when booking has gone live with a view to do so by 14 April. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
On 09/04/2021 at 07:15, Volant165 said:

Private Land Meet up 12 June with Unity Automotive update.

If you were at the previous Unity Automotive JOC offroad event this is very similar but at a different location.

A small 10 acre piece of private land with some good little axle twisters, hill climbs, hill descents, rock climbs, and more challenging rock elements.  Something for all Jeeps from shiny new with no mods to lifted/modded with underbelly protection. And if it is wet day, all the more interesting? 

As soon as Unity can release joining instructions / location they will and so will we.

Signup will be limited to 20 JOC Jeeps for the AM session which will run 10am to 12 Noon.  PM session will be limited to a max of 20 JOC Jeeps and will run from 1pm to 3pm. 

As spaces are limited we will to VIP first, Gold 24 hours later, and Silver 24 hours after that.

Please watch the events section, we will make an announcement and send an email when booking has gone live with a view to do so by 14 April. 

Where is this event. I'm interested in coming, but depending on where it is will determine if I can do morning or afternoon session.

• Platinum Member
Volant165
2 hours ago, TR15BEN said:

Where is this event. I'm interested in coming, but depending on where it is will determine if I can do morning or afternoon session.

A small private farm in Kidderminster.

• 2 months later...
  • Platinum Member

Hi everyone,

Is there any further news re Whitecliff  (11th September) and Aldermarston ( October) please?

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, digger said:

Hi everyone,

Is there any further news re Whitecliff  (11th September) and Aldermarston ( October) please?

Like the sound of Aldermaston in Oct

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
4 hours ago, doodle said:

Like the sound of Aldermaston in Oct

Me too 👍👍👍👍

• Platinum Member

I'd like to attend both Whitecliffs and Aldermaston. @Volant165 any confirmation of these events?

Edited by Raakhee
  • Like 1

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, Raakhee said:

I'd like to attend both Whitecliffs and Aldermaston. @Volant165 any confirmation of these events?

Not yet