2021 events

TimC

• Platinum Member

So I know we are in a Pandemic and currently locked down, but are there any events in the pipeline for us to look forward to later in the year?

Edited by TimC
  • Like 1

• Platinum Member

Oooo, not done any north Essex lanes, that sounds like fun 😃. Always up for some Thetford, Northants or Plains for a day out. Wales Lakes , N Yorks or Northumberland too........but camping would need to be opened up for that.

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

Sounds good to me Jim👍👍 would always be up for a bit of laneing, and meeting some of the guys again - socially distanced of course 😷😷😷🤣🤣🤣

• Platinum Member

Hi Tim,

The flavour is to get club green lanes in as soon as Covid allowed. Any group leaders let me know!  Thetford  for sure. 

We have booked  Show and shine at SpeedFest who are the ONLY event who has confirmed our club stand and-who has written back and confirmed. Pending Covid of course. 

CarNatter is on our radar as well for a JOC hired coffee meet up just off the M1 Daventry/Whilton area.

Tong is also on out of office and we

like to get in there before summer camp. 

August Summer camp target have their “out of office” Covid on and not responding thus far. 

Slindon and Aldermaston for later in the year are targeted. 

We also have some Jeep HQ meet ups in the pipeline from last year that Covid nuked. As soon as Covid allows look for two new types of meet ups with them.

My gut feel is that we are going to go from 0-60 (more like 0-100) pretty quick when things open back up so any other venues, lanes, of interest known of let me know and again any help with leading a group etc would be appreciated. 

Jim 

• Like 5

• Platinum Member

😎sounds like a ton of stuff going on behind the scenes there Jim, lots to look forward to. Happy to help out on a group lead for lanes if I can when circumstances allow.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
21 minutes ago, John said:

I might be able to squeeze in a Cotswold green lane trip 

and maybe Whitecliff quarry ?

Sounds great! We are due to revisit Whitecliff. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

This all sounds excellent.  I'd be up for both of the last two along with Jim's future plans, provided we are out of lockdown. 

Is it possible to start arranging actual provisional dates for at least some club events? I've had a few of these through with regard to different interests of mine. The organisers have said that providers are keen to take provisional bookings on the understanding that the date may have to change if lockdown continues. Advance notice is gr8 for those of us who need to book accommodation because right now there are some gr8 flexible offers, plus you do not have the problem of lack of availability at short notice. I think there will be a huge rush for accom once restrictions end. In any case, it will be a poor show if events beyond, say , July can't be held.

• Platinum Member
1 minute ago, digger said:

This all sounds excellent.  I'd be up for both of the last two along with Jim's future plans, provided we are out of lockdown. 

Is it possible to start arranging actual provisional dates for at least some club events? I've had a few of these through with regard to different interests of mine. The organisers have said that providers are keen to take provisional bookings on the understanding that the date may have to change if lockdown continues. Advance notice is gr8 for those of us who need to book accommodation because right now there are some gr8 flexible offers, plus you do not have the problem of lack of availability at short notice. I think there will be a huge rush for accom once restrictions end. In any case, it will be a poor show if events beyond, say , July can't be held.

Provisional dates is what I am requesting based on sites availability and willingness to ore book. I am hoping that they start to re-open their booking dates so we can do just that as accommodation is going to go crazy when lockdown eases significantly. 

John if you could reach out to Whitecliff that would be great. Hopefully they are up for some dates.

I can focus on nudging the others for now and given everything 2021 may be the year for more lanes maybe followed by bbq’s unlike previous years. 

Fingers crossed that June/July we can saddle up, do some off roading to some degree and meet up. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
2 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Provisional dates is what I am requesting based on sites availability and willingness to ore book. I am hoping that they start to re-open their booking dates so we can do just that as accommodation is going to go crazy when lockdown eases significantly. 

John if you could reach out to Whitecliff that would be great. Hopefully they are up for some dates.

I can focus on nudging the others for now and given everything 2021 may be the year for more lanes maybe followed by bbq’s unlike previous years. 

Fingers crossed that June/July we can saddle up, do some off roading to some degree and meet up. 

"2021 may be the year for more lanes maybe followed by bbq’s" now that sounds like a plan we can all look forward too 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Like 1

I am planning to join all of them if applicable, of course if I could able to get mine from dear's service 🙂 Looking forward to meet you guys 

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

Hi Jim, don't misunderstand my points , I'm sure you and the rest of the team are putting in maximum effort as usual and we will have some gr8 events again. I do appreciate how difficult it must be right now. Good luck

• Platinum Member
3 minutes ago, digger said:

Hi Jim, don't misunderstand my points , I'm sure you and the rest of the team are putting in maximum effort as usual and we will have some gr8 events again. I do appreciate how difficult it must be right now. Good luck

Hey no they are great points just good to update on some of the annual paddling under the water 🦆 

jist need the Covid handcuffs to come off safely and we will be a gatherin’ 🤠

• Haha 1

John Drinkwater
On 18/02/2021 at 12:03, Volant165 said:

Hi Tim,

The flavour is to get club green lanes in as soon as Covid allowed. Any group leaders let me know!  Thetford  for sure. 

We have booked  Show and shine at SpeedFest who are the ONLY event who has confirmed our club stand and-who has written back and confirmed. Pending Covid of course. 

CarNatter is on our radar as well for a JOC hired coffee meet up just off the M1 Daventry/Whilton area.

Tong is also on out of office and we

like to get in there before summer camp. 

August Summer camp target have their “out of office” Covid on and not responding thus far. 

Slindon and Aldermaston for later in the year are targeted. 

We also have some Jeep HQ meet ups in the pipeline from last year that Covid nuked. As soon as Covid allows look for two new types of meet ups with them.

My gut feel is that we are going to go from 0-60 (more like 0-100) pretty quick when things open back up so any other venues, lanes, of interest known of let me know and again any help with leading a group etc would be appreciated. 

Jim 

Hi Jim,

Have you any ideas about this years summer camp yet ??  I missed last years due to work commitments but I am looking forwards to the next one.  It can't possible rain as much as it did in 2019.  I am also keen to go to Tong again as that was a great venue.  Things will hopefully start moving now that our friend Boris has teased us with some dates. !!

• Like 2

• Area Representative

My undestanding is the following, bearing in mind things going to plan.  Groups of 6 outdoors (ie green lane event)  from 29th March.  17 May  increased to max 30 people for an event outdoors.

• Like 2

On 18/02/2021 at 19:19, Volant165 said:

Earliest Saturday they have is late august or September ... 

was thinking either 4th of September 

or 11th I can do both at the mo ... 

They need to pencil us in as like every body else there going to be playing catch up 

john 

• Platinum Member
14 hours ago, Stu2985 said:

My undestanding is the following, bearing in mind things going to plan.  Groups of 6 outdoors (ie green lane event)  from 29th March.  17 May  increased to max 30 people for an event outdoors.

...also campsites open from April 12th if all goes well I think. 🏕

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, John said:

Earliest Saturday they have is late august or September ... 

was thinking either 4th of September 

or 11th I can do both at the mo ... 

They need to pencil us in as like every body else there going to be playing catch up 

john 

Hi John could you have them pencil us in for 11 September please? 

Appreciate the help and legwork!

Jim 

23 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Hi John could you have them pencil us in for 11 September please? 

Appreciate the help and legwork!

Jim 

Penciled in ...👍

they are not sure about numbers yet ... but as we all know things change ... will worry about that nearer the time