...and the award for best supporting actor goes to.......

TimC

• Platinum Member

Some time ago I posted on a thread, can’t remember what the thread was, but was relating to a CJ7, looking remarkably like my CJ7, featuring reasonably strongly in the video for Wham!’s “Last Christmas”. Not being a huge fan of Wham!’s music personally I was a bit under impressed but, nonetheless it was good to see it playing it’s part well. 

Anyhow, I happened to be listening to a live version of Vigilante by Magnum on YouTube the other day and YouTube, in the way it does, selected what it thought I should watch next. You know how all it takes is a glimpse of an outline and a grill from the corner of your eye to spot a Jeep from 100 paces, I just saw the first couple of seconds of this video and thought “that’s an interesting looking truck” and sure enough out of the tunnel comes a roaring CJ7 sounding very like it has a V8 under the hood. The Video is for Like an Arrow by Magnum and there is a lot of very cool CJ7 in it ........sure the production is a bit 80’s but who cares!😎

• Platinum Member

Some of my other CJ7 and wrangler nominations for best supporting actor are:

Sarah Conner heading off into Mexico in a CJ ( 5 or 7 not 100% sure ) at the end of The terminator.

Arnold Schwarzenegger chasing down a motorbike in a CJ7 in Raw Deal ( not a great movie 😬 )

Patrick Swayze heading off into the surf at the end of point Break

Angelina Jolies TJ in Tomb raider 2

A JKU tearing up a corn field ( tread lightly 😳) in Interstellar

A JK and a JKU in a Chinese/Australian movie called Guardians of the Tomb ( also not great 😬 )

But, the winner is undoubtedly

( drum roll..... ) 

Val and Earls J200 Gladiator from Tremors 🤩

Definitely my favourite.

Anyone else got any others?

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member

Marty McFly hitches a ride from a passing CJ-7 in Back to the Future. I think there’s a flying YJ in one of the sequels.

My favourite is the J-10 in Twister.

• Platinum Member

Andy Day's TJ (?) in Andy's Safari Adventures.   It flies and does everything!

Oh, just to clarify, I do have a two year old 😆.....

Edited by Rob Wrangler
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member
6 hours ago, AlexK said:

Marty McFly hitches a ride from a passing CJ-7 in Back to the Future. I think there’s a flying YJ in one of the sequels.

My favourite is the J-10 in Twister.

I’ve never spotted either of those Alex, how’s that? 🙄 I remember the truck from twister but for some reason never clocked it was a J-10........ they are fairly rare I guess. Doesn’t it get picked up and trashed by the tornado in that?

• Platinum Member
3 hours ago, Rob Wrangler said:

Andy Day's TJ (?) in Andy's Safari Adventures.   It flies and does everything!

Oh, just to clarify, I do have a two year old 😆.....

Erm, yeah, must admit not one I was aware of Rob........but it certainly does look pretty well modified 😂

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
3 hours ago, Rob Wrangler said:

Jeep Renegade in Dawn of Justice (Batman v Superman).

They did actually release a Dawn of Justice edition Renegade didn’t they.

• Like 2

• Platinum Member

......and of course how could I leave out the Jurassic Park YJs? There was also a Red YJ that featured quite a lot in an obscure film about a meteorite that crashed in the desert somewhere in the US and, of course, has some sort of Alien life form on it. Film was forgettable, can’t remember what it was called but remember the Jeep.

The Tomb Raider movies had a tie in with Jeep before they moved on to Land Rover but at the same time they had a tie in on the video games as well, Possibly Tomb Raider 3 featured the Jeep Commander as transport for the bad guys.

and of course Daisy Duke had a white CJ in the Dukes of Hazard........the list goes on.  

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
30 minutes ago, TimC said:

I’ve never spotted either of those Alex, how’s that? 🙄 I remember the truck from twister but for some reason never clocked it was a J-10........ they are fairly rare I guess. Doesn’t it get picked up and trashed by the tornado in that?

Yeah, it doesn’t last very long, unfortunately- from memory, I think it nearly lands upside down on the Ram that replaces it. There’s a guy on FSJN doing a fairly obsessive recreation of it. I’m dead jealous.

image.thumb.png.f4a7797184ed11bc97470174af837422.png

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

One of the reasons I like the Gladiator in Tremors, apart from it being a cult classic and a favourite movie of mine, is that it has a full role pretty much throughput the film with it’s own character. It isn’t just a prop or brought on for a car chase and then blown up, it’s part of the team. When the monster eats it’s tyres Kevin Bacon is distraught, and it’s not just any tyres they are Mickey Thompson Baja Belted Radials and must be at least 33s if not 35s.........”scumsuckers ate our radials! “And this was back when radials were a big deal, when I first got my CJ7 it was still running the original Goodyear Wrangler crossplys 

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, TimC said:

They did actually release a Dawn of Justice edition Renegade didn’t they.

Yes they did.  I was initially gutted as only a few months earlier I got myself the Night Eagle; but felt better when I discovered the Dawn of Justice version was not a 4x4.

• Platinum Member
On 07/02/2021 at 12:09, Rob Wrangler said:

Jeep Renegade in Dawn of Justice (Batman v Superman).

Dont we all drive our Renegades like this? Except for the slamming into the bin part 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, fen01 said:

Mile 22. Great chase seen between 4 runner and jku

Never seen that one Fen, I’ll have to check it out.

• Platinum Member

Ah, wait a minute, yes I have seen this one. Think I must’ve watched it on a plane though, can’t remember much of it, think I may have nodded off part way through 😂. Don’t recall the chase scene.

• Platinum Member

Magnum PI had a few cameo appearances over the years. 

also there is a pretty good search site to look up. Put in a wide span of years or hone in on CJ- 5 CJ-7 etc 

https://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?resultsStyle=asImages&yearFrom=1970&yearTo=1987&makeMatch=2&make=Jeep&modelMatch=1&model=CJ-7&modelInclModel=on&modelInclChassis=on&mk=&origin=&madein=&madefor=&role=

FB55EF69-7946-4F93-BD95-C8709645182D.jpeg

313B0B5E-A7E9-4121-A51E-C0873FDF09FB.jpeg

• Like 1