Forum and Jeep noob

MarkW

• Platinum Member

Hi folks.

Just by way of a quick introduction I’m Mark, and for the last six months I have been the owner of my first Jeep - a 2008 Wrangler JK. In 30 years of motoring it’s the first car I have owned that hasn’t just been a boring Euro-bland box, but as much as I love it I can already see that it’s going to be a severe test of my legendary laziness when it comes to vehicle maintenance. I bought it knowing that a few things needed sorting, and so far I have only got round to replacing the leaking sump and changing the fuel, oil and air filters. I did stick a new air freshener in it, too...

There are a few other jobs I need to attend to, and I’ll almost certainly be on the scrounge for advice from the more knowledgeable folks on here if that’s OK. Top of the list is the completely non-functioning handbrake, followed by emptying the flooded rear fog lights, changing the diff and transfer case fluid once I work out how to get around the track rod or tie bar (can’t remember which it is off the top of my head) that’s obscuring the diff cover, and then figuring out why there’s a paddling pool in the passenger foot-well every time it rains. A quick Google search suggested that the most likely culprit was a blocked drain under the cabin air intake cowl causing water to overflow into the AC intake, but I disassembled it yesterday and it all seems to be working fine. If anyone has any other suggestions I’d be grateful!

Cheers

Mark

2G8A7580.thumb.jpg.8d655ad2985117c0f681a8256d92df7c.jpg

• Platinum Member

Welcome and good luck with the paddling  pool ! Check door seals and hundred other things,I found Silicon on the seals was the only thing to stop the wet foot wells.

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

Hi Mark and a very welcome to the club👋👋

Congrats on changing the air freshener - not even done that on mine, must learn how :rsz_img16:

• Platinum Member

Thanks for the welcome guys!

The air freshener was a challenge for sure: choosing it took nearly as long as changing the sump, and involved a long discussion with my 12 year-old in Halfords about whether we should get the green or yellow gecko. 😄

• Haha 2

• Platinum Member

Hi and welcome to the club. 

Sure you'll enjoy getting stuck in working on the Jeep, but a lot of knowledge on here, so just ask away 😉

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
4 hours ago, Arno said:

Hi and welcome to the club. 

Sure you'll enjoy getting stuck in working on the Jeep, but a lot of knowledge on here, so just ask away 😉

But no advice on air freshner changing :rsz_img16:

• Haha 1