Feeling the Pressure of new entrants

Volant165

• Platinum Member

I think that's funny. I really don't like modern car gizmo trickery that tries to dumb down driving skill. It's a con, their customers believe the feature is a substitute for driver skill right up to the point when they realise it isn't. I hope they both get banned.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
4 minutes ago, V said:

I think that's funny. I really don't like modern car gizmo trickery that tries to dumb down driving skill. It's a con, their customers believe the feature is a substitute for driver skill right up to the point when they realise it isn't. I hope they both get banned.

Couldn't agree more V. Why do people think if they have an electronic gizmo on their car it will go anywhere and get them out of the 💩?????????????????????????????

Which bit will always break first? 🤔 Let me think ........................... would that be any electronic gizmo????????????????

• Platinum Member

This is a regular occurrence in the Automotive industry. Usually they have a chat, agree that this goes both ways and agree on royalties and move on. 

To call for a ban in one of the most lucrative markets shows a bit of desperation.

So,  off-road SUV, who copied who? 1941 and going strong. 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
10 minutes ago, Stew the Jeep said:

So true Jim Germany had these but a tad big for green lanes

IMG_1125.JPG

That one works for me 🤣🤣

The WK2 has  a neat little dial with names of different surfaces to adjust suspension & transmission. Does this mean I shall have to put a Land Rover badge on it? One of those was surely enough penance for a lifetime!

We tackled some fairly rough stuff in Iceland and Morocco, each time over a period of a couple of weeks, and had no problems with vehicle control electronics, and certainly spent no time on repairs other than routine maintenance. This was in stark contrast to the heavily modified and often overloaded Defenders and DIscoverys. On the Moroccan trip, some were having major brake/ CVjoint/ suspension repairs. The mechanic looked under our WK and gave up– he couldn't even find any oil or grease points to top up, though we did ask him to clean the gravel out of the brakes.

Despite some practice, and training, I could never get my Series III LWB Safari to perform half as well in sand, snow or peat as the Grand Cherokee, though I suspect the 180 BHP difference in power available, plus anxiety about fragile half shafts was partly the cause of this. 

• Like 1