Hello from the South West

RicksterUKWK

• Platinum Member

Hi all, just bought my first jeep, a Grand Cherokee WK 3.0.

I traded in a troublesome Landrover Freelander!

Love the car so far and already got it dirty on the Plain following my mate in his Defender!

Merry Christmas

Hope 2021 is better for all of us

9534830c-b45f-49fd-86d3-96d900bf960d.jpeg

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

HI and a warm welcome to the club👋 Very nice Jeep and good to see it nice and muddy 👍👍

There's nothing like binning "a troublesome Landrover Freelander" in favor of a Jeep 🤣🤣

Where abouts are you from?

Merry Christmas to you too 🥳

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
31 minutes ago, otruk said:

Hi, hope you have fun with it.  Might see you out on the Plain

Maybe there is a chance of any local Jeepers meeting up for a day on the Plains Very early in the new year, before Covid and Boris locks us all down flat AGAIN.  I haven't been down to the Plains for a lot of years and would love to go back again, lot of good memories even if I did have a Pajero at the time. I think we would be socially didstanced as being in Jeeps the only way to get within 2 metres of each other is to start ramming each other (bumper car time)🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Platinum Member

Hi, Thanks for the welcome

I live in Gillingham, North Dorset so only 30 mins from the Plain, and yes up for a meet up there inthe New Year, it is something you can do socially distanced! 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

Sounds like a plan for the New Year then 👍 have to think about a date and post it on the forum to see if we can can get a few local Jeepers together for a run out. Have to find a guide so we dont get lost, blown up, or arrested 🤣 - all equally day ruining 🤣

I'm in Portsmouth, Hampshire so not a million miles from the Plains either. Would be really nice to have a Jeepers day out 🥳

• Platinum Member

Hi Welcome to the club, nice Jeep!

Always good to see a transition to the better side 😝

We like to do a club January Plains outing when access and mud are best. Last one was a Night run Saturday and a day run Sunday. Organising in Covid it is a bit tough but if a “regional rep” would like to help coordinate when Covid allows let me know.

Jim  

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Welcome aboard! Happy Xmas!

My WK has been excellent.  I had Landys, many of 'em. Too damn many.  5 Jeeps later , I'll never go back!

I could  be  interested in this trip if I'm able but it all depends  on Covid. 

• Like 2

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
On 19/12/2020 at 22:03, digger said:

Welcome aboard! Happy Xmas!

My WK has been excellent.  I had Landys, many of 'em. Too damn many.  5 Jeeps later , I'll never go back!

I could  be  interested in this trip if I'm able but it all depends  on Covid. 

Digger - Good to see a man who has converted from the Dark Side 👍:rsz_img16:

• Platinum Member
On 21/12/2020 at 14:48, otruk said:

Gillingham!!!  thats upto 8 miles from me in Sturminster.  Have to touch base for some off road action.

Cool, deffo have to meet up, any good lanes round Stur, most of the local ones seem to be restricted. There are a few East of Shaftesbury (Ox drove etc).

• Platinum Member

Nothing around Stur, but Oxdroves good also I know the plain quite well also have a sister who lives there with a kettle!

• Like 1