JOC 2014 event

TimC

• Platinum Member

Was just browsing the featured event Album “2014 event” at the bottom of the forums page. Does anyone who was on that, or anyone else who knows, remember where it was and where you camped? Looks like it could be Lakes but not sure where.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Chrisby said:

Thats in Wales not to for from Rhayader, nice wild camp spot if there no mosquitos!

Mate they were Midges I got bitten all over by the buggers ! Had to go to the doctors when I got home and get some Anti histamine it was like I had rolled though a bunch of Stinging nettles ! Should have carried Insect repellent in the Jeep as I always do now!! 

• Haha 2

• Platinum Member

Thanks Chris. Were you on that one? I don't see you. That looks a great spot for a wild camp although a bit exposed maybe, nice to be by a river but does mean you have to deal with the mozzies in the summer, there's a farm out east of Rhayader that does a good wild camp spot, had it as a back up on our last Mid Wales trip. If it's Rhayader then I'm trying to work out the lane, doesn't look like Strata or Claerwen but there's a few to the North and East of Rhayader that I've not done yet. Bob's Grey Thunder looks amazing on, what, a 6" lift? I never saw that in action he'd moved on to Stewart's Dozer by then.  That looks a great trip, why don't we do them like that any more? Good to browse back through the pictures though.

• Platinum Member
3 minutes ago, stewart said:

Mate they were Midges I got bitten all over by the buggers ! Had to go to the doctors when I got home and get some Anti histamine it was like I had rolled though a bunch of Stinging nettles ! Should have carried Insect repellent in the Jeep as I always do now!! 

You gotta carry that Jungle Formula!

We use it at lot in the winter , it’s north west of Rhayader. No wasn’t on that trip but was on the next one a few months later. It is a great spot but avoid it in the. We also use a farm campsite east of Rhayader that has a “Wild camp” area good if you have kids with you as there is also facilities.