Kielder Forest

jerryg

• 1 year later...
  • Platinum Member

Still waiting for confirmation sorry. Covid uncertainty is what it is boiling down to.

As soon as they confirm I will post.

looking like a snowy run this year if we get the go ahead.

Tying for around 12 December ......

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Ok after chasing today, the permit needed to drive the Forestry Commission is on hold as the FC does a review on how to handle and allow events given Covid. 

It is a shame as the ticket prices contribute to Mountain Reacue.

I have said that Wednesday the 17th of November would be our go/no go date. 

I will let you know.

Jim O. 

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
On 11/11/2021 at 15:45, Volant165 said:

Still waiting for confirmation sorry. Covid uncertainty is what it is boiling down to.

As soon as they confirm I will post.

looking like a snowy run this year if we get the go ahead.

Tying for around 12 December ......

Strange considering most people will be in their own jeeps. I understand if its a tour etc in closed rooms etc etc but lets be honest its in the open. Im sure that you can do 2 metre distancing at the welcome meet and then stay in jeeps etc with masks.

Or people can only attend if double jabbed etc, masks... 

• Confused 1

• Platinum Member

Yeah the only issue in my view would be the traditional start of day brekkie or lunch stop. 

Other than that it is as you say. Socially distanced. Unless we have to help recover a Landy! 

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Volant165 said:

Other than that it is as you say. Socially distanced. Unless we have to help recover a Landy! 

Even during recovery I managed to stay socially distanced, well at least the end of the recovery strap

1779C7E3-47C3-4D1E-B801-A8610F9A7B50.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
6 hours ago, neal said:

Even during recovery I managed to stay socially distanced, well at least the end of the recovery strap

That was some very fine ploughing neal, very fine ploughing 🤣🤣🤣

Good to see the rule of "cameras before recovery" being strictly adheared too 🤣🤣🤣

• Platinum Member
8 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Yeah the only issue in my view would be the traditional start of day brekkie or lunch stop. 

They've got a mobile / trailer food van set up outside Kielder castle when I passed after doing the Forest drive  3 weeks ago.

Was out with one of the organisers yesterday getting my JK dirty,  & unfortunately it appears it probably wont be happening this year all due to a delay in paper work / coordinating with the various Rangers responsible for each section of the forest, but .....  waiting to be surprised !

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spookie the aardvark said:

Good to see the rule of "cameras before recovery" being strictly adheared too 🤣🤣🤣

I have said in the past if you muck up someone will get the camera out. But it was not me, I was just doing a bit of ploughing 😁

• Haha 1

• Platinum Member
6 hours ago, Stu2985 said:

How did they manage to do that ?

Those drainage ditches are quite deep and slippery covered in deep moss, (that was a shallow one) just a momentary lapse of attention and you can fall off the track.

Seen it happen many times over the years at Kielder winter & summer.

As far as I remember that TJ managed to exit  the ditch no problem with no assistance. 

7 hours ago, Stu2985 said:

How did they manage to do that ?

In this instance the TJ was trying to avoid the cone on the outer side as the track had broken away and it was a bit too much of an over correction 

1 hour ago, doodle said:

I remember this "incident!" well! 

good little trip that day

Yes was a good trip and it didn’t need much effort to pull it out. Added some drama to the day 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Member
On 14/11/2021 at 08:56, neal said:

IMG_1427.MOV

The Renegades had no problems staying on the trail. It got a bit scratchy in places but a very scenic trip. Would have loved some snow

FB_IMG_1575922123990.jpg

20191207_113205-01.jpeg

20191207_122713-01.jpeg

20191207_094435-01.jpeg

20191207_113209-01.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

If there's no Kielder this year, how about an impromptu social to finish off year. Midlands maybe? Motor cafe, pub?

• Like 3

• Platinum Member
4 minutes ago, digger said:

If there's no Kielder this year, how about an impromptu social to finish off year. Midlands maybe? Motor cafe, pub?

Love this idea...

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
22 hours ago, digger said:

Sound great!

Caffeine and Machine? Near Stratford upon Avon

Car Natter? Near J16 of the M1 where we were in June

• Platinum Member
2 hours ago, stewart said:

Just to add this was my favourite trip in 2015 

Remember the LR recovery ? 

I was thinking of getting a winch, but having seen the LR recovery think I will get one those teleportation devices instead.  One secondly the LR is in a ditch and the next it is back up on the track! 😂

• Haha 2