Grand Cherokee WG/WJ Modding Time

spookie the aardvark

spookie the aardvark

Yeh🤣 when was the  last time you buy a large bit of Jeep plastic for your Jeep for a fiver? 🚙🤔🤣

• VIP Member
Raakhee
On 12/04/2021 at 20:23, spookie the aardvark said:

The moral of that story is ....................... when your in a hole - STOP DIGGING 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Those new springs have given you a lot more room under the arches and look amazing, can't wait to see the new tyres as well 👍 Your Renegade is looking great 🥰

Come hell or high water I will be at Summer Camp again this year so we both get to try out our new mods 😁 ........................... and maybe you get to laugh at me two years running 🤣🤣🤣🤣

@spookie the aardvark The New tyres are on. Went from the Goodyear Vector 4 Season to BF Goodrich AT. 

20210508_131339.jpg

PhotoGrid_1620476295396.jpg

• Like 1

• VIP Member

Great bargain Spookie, and great that BFG do smaller tyre sizes for the renegade Raakhee - looks great and will make a big difference aired down a little off tarmac 👍

• Like 2

spookie the aardvark
22 hours ago, Raakhee said:

@spookie the aardvark The New tyres are on. Went from the Goodyear Vector 4 Season to BF Goodrich AT. 

20210508_131339.jpg

PhotoGrid_1620476295396.jpg

Loving the new tyres 😍 They make so much differance to the look of you Jeep 😍 you just have to love the BF Goodrich AT, can't wait to see you in action 👍

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
spookie the aardvark
Posted (edited)

Well Aardvark and myself were ment to be at CarNatter today but some idiot (me) went and booked her in for an MoT on the same day 🤮 so that ment missing out on what seems to have been a fantsatic day judging by the photos already posted 🤢🤮 So the MoT is booked for 1330 and a few hours beforehand I decide to check all that is checkable to stop a stupid fail.

Think Aardvark got in a right sulk about not getting to meet all her friends as when I checked all the lights found the left turn indicator didn't work - bulbs are all ok as hazards work - take the whole indicator multi function swith out and change it for the one in the CRD - still no left indicators.

Yes the flasher relay had decided now was the time to through it's legs in the air, so after swearing a lot and Googling where the relay was ............. and swearing a lot more out comes the tools to take the big bit of plastic in front of the fuses to get at the relays (sorry Fourpot no fire or big hammers used - although it was a very close run thing ⚒️🔥)

trust me when I say the space to try and get your hand in to pull the relay out is tiny, but after some more swearing out it came. To add insult to injury (bruised knuckles) local mor factor didn't have one and couldn't even find it on their system.

At this point I am an hour from the MoT time, swearing like a trooper and now have only one alternative left .............................................. Take all the same bits out of the CRD and rob the flasher relay out of her, as I know that one works, and put it in Aardvark.

Sounds nice and simple doesn't it? It was up to the point of trying to fit the relay back into the holder - big hands, small space and much more swearing. Just as I was prepared to beat it to death with the biggest hammer I could find it finally slotted in. Test it all - all working. Mad rush to get all the bits bolted back on and down to the MoT centre - made my time slot with minutes to spare.

And the good news is she passed and has another 12 month ticket 🙌🙏👏 So worth it in the end ............................... MAYBE.

Would anyone know a good place to order a new one from?

The offending relay:

IMG_20210605_173849.jpg

IMG_20210605_173837.jpg

IMG_20210605_173814.jpg

Edited by spookie the aardvark

• Management

Twelve month ticket is good news.

Jeep's, they Just Emotionally Eat People's Sanity.

• Haha 2

spookie the aardvark
9 minutes ago, JimC said:

Twelve month ticket is good news.

Jeep's, they Just Emotionally Eat People's Sanity.

🤣🤣 Your not wrong there Jim 🤣🤣

At least she is ready for Speedfest next month 🙏😷

The flasher module is the same as the Chrysler Voyager if you are looking for a used part. UK/EU prices seem to vary from £20-£80.

An alternative is an after market part from Rockauto.com

WVE 1R2187 cost £24.57 plus shipping and VAT (Always choose Fedex for shipping)

Don't forget 5% JOC discount, search on here for latest code.

• Thanks 1

spookie the aardvark

10 hours ago, V said:

The flasher module is the same as the Chrysler Voyager if you are looking for a used part. UK/EU prices seem to vary from £20-£80.

An alternative is an after market part from Rockauto.com

WVE 1R2187 cost £24.57 plus shipping and VAT (Always choose Fedex for shipping)

Don't forget 5% JOC discount, search on here for latest code.

Cheers V much appriciated will have to look into that 👍 Then a lot more swearing trying to refit it 😡

• VIP Member

This has reminded me I still need a selection of relays for my toolkit spares. Glad you passed the MOT. Always reminds me of check ups at the dentist - everything was fine going in, pain and empty wallet coming out.

• Haha 1

spookie the aardvark
2 hours ago, PDB said:

This has reminded me I still need a selection of relays for my toolkit spares. Glad you passed the MOT. Always reminds me of check ups at the dentist - everything was fine going in, pain and empty wallet coming out.

Trust me mate I would not want to try and change that relay in the field 🤣🔥⚒️ If that was the case I would learn hand signals ........................... but they wont allow hand signals in the MoT ............. bar stewards 🤣🤣🤣