20 September Shropshire Off Road site Day

Stu2985

• Area Representative

JOC  members are welcome to come along to Hawkstone Park, Shropshire on Sunday 20th September 2020 and experience the off road site in their own vehicles. There is a fun punch hunt to take part in or just drive around exploring or watch others tackle the punch challenges. There is terrain to suit every type of 4x4 and skill level. There will be 2 instructors on hand and there is a driver training area where you can learn new skills or test your vehicle under safe controlled conditions. Its a Family event so kids and partners welcome. Dogs also welcome but must be kept on a lead. Cafe, proper toilets at the follies area. This is run by the Shropshire  rep for a small group but I open it up to JOC members as well. £20 per vehicle to drive the off road site. It is on from 10am-4pm . Road legal vehicles only. It is a well run and maintained site and is kept idiot free and is fully insured. If you want to come along to spectate, have a natter or just curious then there is no cost.

Please be aware that social distancing will be enforce of 1mtr between separate households. Please bring gloves, masks and hand gel as you think you need.

Its 4x4 only sorry bikers the insurance wont let us run bikes alongside vehicles

Money raised this year is going towards a dephibulator for use by small charities and events to help with first aid cover.

Any questions please get in touch with me. If you want to come along please let me know.

• Like 3

• Area Representative

Lol JIm .  There are 3 areas to the site - Driver training area which has various obstacles laid out on a set route course. The other 2 areas are go where you want.  There are 2 mud runs as well as various routes amongst the trees and slopes etc.   JOC used to hold events here up to a couple of years ago.

Heres a few interestinG pics.   dotn worry plenty of easier stuff as well.  You can also have a go at the punch hunt for a bit of fun as well as trophies for best in showand punch hunt winners

paul 2.jpg

18216593_454664771546967_4520365283181784879_o.jpg

18238609_10213307994475165_4615882060744262125_o.jpg

31530717_10216283891960010_2123253319416676352_n.jpg

31947738_626294021050707_7525319573504000000_n.jpg

31948646_2020948761490041_3905652923211710464_n.jpg

paul.jpg

chris.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Area Representative

With the recent government announcement There is a meeting on Monday regarding Hawkstone park and if it can go ahead on 20th September. .   I will  have more info by then hopefully 

• Platinum Member

The Overland & Adventure Show at Stratford Racecourse is still on for next weekend. Their Risk Assessments and precautions put in place have been declared safe and compliant, so don't see why other outdoor events cannot take place, with social distancing etc.

Hopefully - enjoy!

• Area Representative

fingers crossed we can , howwever it is down to the owners of Hawkstone park if they want to risk / publicity and can put the measures in place.  Out of my hands currently

• Area Representative

Sorry folks but the owners at Hawkstone have cancelled the event due to government guidelines.  Sorry folks. Will try look at one next year 

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Stu2985 said:

Sorry folks but the owners at Hawkstone have cancelled the event due to government guidelines.  Sorry folks. Will try look at one next year 

Thanks for the update Stu,

Understandable in the current situation we find ourselves.

Lets hope next year is busy 🤔

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

Just makes me wonder - sitting in a Jeep with just one or two of you (from same social bubble (family)), driving round in the open air - isnt that social distancing????????????????????? If you get within a metre of each other  - it's called a crash🤯🤔🤯🤔