..had another Jeep Renegade Adventure in Wales (well 2 Renegades Actually)

Trailhawk

• Platinum Member

Hi JOC, 

Some of you (well possibly at least 1) seem to enjoy watching my occaisional videos of my Trailhawk trundeling down the greenlanes of the UK, so here is the latest epic. You're not seeing double as this time I am joined by my brother (and mother come to that) in another anvil blue Trailhawk for a full family expedition to a spot in Wales I'm sure many of your are familiar. Amazing day in amazing cars.

https://youtu.be/v1oAyOv4unY

Edited by Trailhawk
  • Like 2

• Platinum Member

Looks great, and good weather too 👍 great to see some Renegades out on the trails, looks like you had no problems 😎. I know that lane down the valley from the Claerwen reservoir, a really nice one to do. What others did you do in the area? The one that runs along the east edge of the reservoir? Ffair Rhos? Strata, although I hear Strata has been closed again recently for drainage works.

• Platinum Member

Thanks TimC. Couldn't have asked for better weather. Alas, was only allowed the one lane given that we had the fully family along! A trip to the seaside the next day but at least we got to park on the sand (looks deserted below, but by the time we got back to the car we were joined by hundreds of others!).

I do now have my Viewranger map fully loaded with all the other trails so will definitely be back for a more trail-centric visit. Just seen the Strata Florida work should be completed soon so will be good to do that again...its been about 27 years since done in  Lada Niva.

20200808_113257.jpg

• Platinum Member

Ah, PBD, you may have the eagle eye to spot the metal fork in non stick pan, but failed to notice the deft and delicate weilding from my brother...delicately caressing those meaty balls of joy and avoiding the scar of Teflon shame.

What was less deft was failing to spot a wayward garlic clove that is now living somewhere in the boot and, by all accounts, continuing to waft a heady aroma on his daily commute!

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Hi Trailhawk,

Great to see the "Anvil TH Twins" in action - especially the drone footage. The water crossing looked impressive!

I'm intrigued by your front spot lamps on both THs: They do look good when mounted at the same height as the headlights, but what's the mounting bracket arrangement please? From what I've seen, there's not a lot of mounting options for this position apart from attaching to an A-bar; yours look to be cut-into the grille. I assume these are 6" spots wired to main beam?

Cheers for any info.