Jeep Owners Club Weekend Adventure 15th - 16th August 2020

jocadmin

• Platinum Member

Booked the weekend + wild camp Sat night.

Can't work out the JOC discounted camping at Washington Camp Site?

Their web site advertises a 2 person tent @ £8 per night + £6 per adult, so tent + 2 adults = £20.  Includes 1 vehicle per pitch, and I'll be on my own, so £14?

Does ours include breakfast? LOL!

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
35 minutes ago, jerryg said:

Booked the weekend + wild camp Sat night.

Can't work out the JOC discounted camping at Washington Camp Site?

Their web site advertises a 2 person tent @ £8 per night + £6 per adult, so tent + 2 adults = £20.  Includes 1 vehicle per pitch, and I'll be on my own, so £14?

Does ours include breakfast? LOL!

hi Jerry, any questions just ask Karen at the campsite. We have a discount arranged with her. Look forward to seeing you there!

• Platinum Member

All booked and wild camping as well. If anyone wondering if other kids will be there then rest assured our 11 year old is looking for mates as the parents are so boring...🙂

Cheers

Nick, Sara and Alex

• Platinum Member

Hi

Trying to get the go ahead from the boss to come along and wild camp with our 2 nearly 11 year olds.

It's been so long since we attended anything Jeep-wise I think the membership rejig has passed me by - what will the damage be for the 4 of us to attend and wild camp with just me driving our JK?

cheers

Peter

• Platinum Member
2 minutes ago, PeterDann said:

Hi

Trying to get the go ahead from the boss to come along and wild camp with our 2 nearly 11 year olds.

It's been so long since we attended anything Jeep-wise I think the membership rejig has passed me by - what will the damage be for the 4 of us to attend and wild camp with just me driving our JK?

cheers

Peter

Hi Peter, when you click on the JOC shop and go to the event it will show you the pricing automatically based on whichever level of membership that you currently have. Wild camping on the Saturday night is £10. 

• Platinum Member
31 minutes ago, DavidWMT10 said:

Hi,

What is the cut-off date for booking please?

Thanks

Hi, We still have tickets available and will cut off ticket sales on Tuesday 11 August.

• Platinum Member
Paul.dennis@btinternet.co

Hello Guys
I have just signed up and paid for this weekend. Yay!
I’m so looking forward to it. 
PAUL

• Like 1

• Area Representative

I will be there with my 11 and 13 year old kids.  We normally camp but We have booked accomodation this time.  Did think about wild camping but as we are not bringing the trailer tent just dont have room for tent,   sleeping bags. mats etc in the TJ - Cloths recovery gear, comperessor will take car of what little space there is. 

Washington Campsite update:

Our JOC allocated pitches are around a fit pit area i am informed. A social evening at a social distance!

No electrical hook up plots are available anymore.

To date six have booked at the Washington campsite over a variety of days ranging from Thursday night through to Sunday night.

Contact Karen at Washington Campsite, 01903 892869 to book your pitch and mention Jeep Owners Club

• Platinum Member

GOT YOUR TICKETS? ADVANCE PURCHASE ONLY FOR THIS EVENT

TICKET SALES CUT OFF TUESDAY 11 AUGUST AT 9AM

• Platinum Member

CURRENT GOVERNMENT ADVICE FOR ENGLAND AT TIME OF PRINTING (for updates please see https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus)

To protect yourself and others, when you leave home you must:

wash hands - keep washing your hands regularly

cover face - wear a face covering over your nose and mouth in enclosed spaces

make space - stay at least a metre away from people not in your household!

If you are feeling unwell, get a test and do not leave home for at least 10 days.

AND NOW THE JOCWA OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FOR SATURDAY 15 AUGUST*

9:00   Arrive and check in at SLINDON SAFARI 4x4 DRIVING CENTRE

9:00   Please observe social distancing

10:00 Briefing (remember to keep your distance)

10:15 GearAmerica Recovery Kit contest begins (#JOCweekendadventure #jeepownersclubuk)

10:15 Giddyup! Groups start to depart for Slindon Valley offroad site, we will drive the small site today

10:30 Trails Open

11:00 Socially Distant Outdoor Recovery/Winch Tuition with Paul

13:00 Lunch Break (outdoor burger van on site all day)

14:00 Paul available for Recovery Q&A out on the trails

17:00 Site Closes

PREPAID WILD CAMPING at MAIN SLINDON SITE TONIGHT

=====================================================================================

JOCWA OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES SUNDAY 16 AUGUST*

9:00   Arrive and check in at SLINDON SAFARI 4x4 DRIVING CENTRE, we will drive the main site today

9:00   Please observe social distancing

10:00 Briefing

10:15 Trails Open, JEEP UK Vehicle Display and JOC exclusive enhanced discounts

10:45 4x4 Socially Distant Outdoor 4x4 Tuition with Sophie

12:00 Modified Jeeps UK Meet and Greet

13:00 Lunch Break (canteen open for outside service)

13:30 Muddiest Jeep Judging & Best Presented Jeep Judging Prizes awarded

13:45 Gear America Recovery Kit Prize awarded!

14:00 4x4 Socially Distant outdoor 4x4 Tuition with Sophie

17:00 Site Closes Event Over SAFE DRIVE HOME, THANKS FOR JOINING US!

Directions

Slindon Safari 4x4 Driving Centre

Shellbridge Road

Arundel BN18 0NB

50.860468, -0.619861

Situated on north side of A27 between Arundel and Fontwell West Sussex Nearly opposite Stakis Hotel turning here is the location on google maps

https://www.google.com/maps/place/John+Morgan+4x4+Driving/@50.8605731,-0.6193941,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xf0782522956cf72a!8m2!3d50.8605731!4d-0.6193941

Important Information

Driving on site requires that you maintain your speed at or below 10mph. There will be little Jeepers at the event and attendees on foot thus a zero tolerance for unsafe driving.

Pets are allowed to be brought if you would like. If you let them out of the vehicle they must be on a lead /restrained at all times. Any mess they leave must be cleared up and removed from the site for disposal. NO EXCEPTIONS. These are requests from the site owners. Failure to adhere to this polite request will result in you being ejected from the site immediately. 

LPG vehicles are permitted to use the site. Any tanks that are mounted externally must be protected from being damaged and potential leakage. Failure to comply will result in the vehicle not being able to go off roading at the site. Any internally mounted tank must be secure at all times. This is a condition of LPG vehicles using the site by the owner. 

A chemical Portaloo is on site.  

We hire the site exclusively for Jeep Owners Club Members and use our club insurance to cover this event which requires all those intending to drive their own Jeep must be members, only road legal Jeeps are allowed to drive the trails at the off road sites that we hire.

CB Channel 5 (UK)

EMERGENCY: 07825652653

STAY SAFE! KEEP YOUR DISTANCE!

*schedule subject to change just as everything else in 2020

• Platinum Member

Hi Jim

Thanks for the info and weekend is looking great! Just a quick question for maybe those wild camping - based on the start time on Sunday being 9am, does this mean we need to have packed and campsite site cleared by this time so as not to obstruct Jeeps arriving? Not sure where the campsite will be so difficult to know if we'll be in the way or not 🤔

Cheers

Nick

• Platinum Member
1 minute ago, nickwalk said:

Hi Jim

Thanks for the info and weekend is looking great! Just a quick question for maybe those wild camping - based on the start time on Sunday being 9am, does this mean we need to have packed and campsite site cleared by this time so as not to obstruct Jeeps arriving? Not sure where the campsite will be so difficult to know if we'll be in the way or not 🤔

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick, good question on that exact topic John the owner is meeting with us the day before (Friday) to show where the camping setup will be so as to be "out of the way"

Jim

Last few days now to buy your event ticket.  

BOOKING CLOSING TUESDAY 11th AUGUST 9AM

PRE BOOKING ONLY.....NO ON THE GATE TICKET SALES

Almost time..........

Saturday at the  “new”  Slindon site exclusively being opened up for the Jeep Owners Club.

• Recovery/Winch Training
  • Drive the “new” site.

Sunday at the main Slindon site

• 4x4 Driver Instruction
  • Drive the Slindon Safari site

Tickets for the Jeep Owners Club Weekend Adventure  are:

£36 for VIP members, 

£48 for Gold members, 

£56 for Silver members.  

Advance ticket sales only, and your ticket is for the weekend whether you choose to attend one or both days. You must be a member of the club (easy to join) and road legal Jeeps only. Tickets can be purchased by visiting the JOC Shop.

BOOKING CLOSING TUESDAY 11th AUGUST 9AM

PRE BOOKING ONLY.....NO ON THE GATE TICKET SALES

• Platinum Member
On 24/07/2020 at 14:27, Volant165 said:

Have you got your ticket?

Thanks to our friends at GearAmerica one lucky member will be taking home a brand new recovery kit at our upcoming event!  

This is some of the kit we put to the test recently at Hawkestone Park. Details will be announced at the event. #havefun #staysafe #driveajeep at #jeepownersclubuk #jocweekendadventure

57ECE306-F226-4976-A2C5-5CB9C92D68EF.jpeg

2C3251E9-165B-4C73-804C-E220CE8C14C3.jpeg

715DA25D-B1FE-48B8-9194-603E553ACABC.jpeg

Over £100 retail value, this will be given away on Sunday to one lucky winner at #JOCWeekendadventure #jeepownersclubuk contest details when you sign in at the event