Toddler Query

Rob Wrangler

• Platinum Member
Rob Wrangler

Hi Everyone,

I just wondered if anyone knew of the law surrounding this scenario:

If my Toddler sat in his usual booster seat in the back of an open top Jeep with Wifey sat next to him for safety?

Or would the Jeep have to be covered?

Many thanks.  Rob

• Platinum Member
Rob Wrangler

Forgive me. I must have confused myself!  I have a 20 month old Toddler and my Jeep is about to come back to me with a Soft Top.

I wondered if there is a law not allowing Toddlers sitting in the back with the Soft Top down.  As a side note, I'll be erring on the side of caution and getting my wife to sit by him, in case he succeeds in undoing his belt etc on his booster seat.

57 minutes ago, Rob Wrangler said:

Forgive me. I must have confused myself!  I have a 20 month old Toddler and my Jeep is about to come back to me with a Soft Top.

I wondered if there is a law not allowing Toddlers sitting in the back with the Soft Top down.  As a side note, I'll be erring on the side of caution and getting my wife to sit by him, in case he succeeds in undoing his belt etc on his booster seat.

Rob,

I’m not aware of any legislation that would affect you due to the soft top, other than staying within the relevant child car seat rules.

You will need to worry more about the practical aspect of being in the back seat with the soft top down. Wind, sun. Stuff blowing into the car and stuff leaving the car while driving. I remember a trip to primary school where the school project didn’t make it to school, lost somewhere on the way when my youngest decided to hold it above the roll bar.... 😱🤣🚙

I also remember a trip with a bird poo episode for the rear seat passengers, front seat where all ok. 🤣

Everyone loves the soft top though.... 😎

3CC4B432-49E3-4541-8BD7-BB5AB159A565.jpeg

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
Rob Wrangler

Great set-up Neal.  I've got two dogs as well.  They are getting on a bit, and so I put them in the back,

On a side note, how do you get rid of the pesky dog hair?  🤣

1 hour ago, Rob Wrangler said:

Great set-up Neal.  I've got two dogs as well.  They are getting on a bit, and so I put them in the back,

On a side note, how do you get rid of the pesky dog hair?  🤣

Rob,

Mine usually are created in the back. That helps limit the dog hair.

Not really found a way to remove all dog hair other than time and effort. A squeegee works well to help  removing Some of the pet hair.

7C4F12D6-A319-4D75-BDFA-0A2098778FC5.jpeg

• Platinum Member
Rob Wrangler

Alex from Buzz had the Jeep just prior to Lockdown.  He is looking into an Engine Fault light for me before the Jeep comes back.

Thanks for the squeegee tip.

8 minutes ago, PDB said:

Oh I see Bob. Neal makes good points -

Top down sounds too much of an adventure with kids and animals!

Paolo,

It’s too much of an adventure for the adults too...... 🤣

F7E5B2C5-FF0E-4AEB-B49E-A1F4ADE21FF9.png

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PDB said:

You have your work cut out with beagles AND teenagers Neal.

I can just about cope with a wilful staffy and a wife.🙄

Fortunately only 2 of the Beagles are mine, the other 2 come for a sleep over now and then.😱

The teenagers are almost self sufficient, just got to feed them...... which is just as bad as the Beagles....... 🤣

• Platinum Member
On 23/05/2020 at 13:54, neal said:

Mine usually are created in the back. That helps limit the dog hair.

That makes for interesting viewing for following motorists, and probably makes more loose hair!! LOL.

10 hours ago, jerryg said:

That makes for interesting viewing for following motorists, and probably makes more loose hair!! LOL.

Jerry,

When I had the Red JK with a draw in the boot space the dog box was raised so that they could look out the rear. Always good fun when they spot something 🤔😱