Converting USA JK into the UK spec

Conrad

• Platinum Member

Hi, I am shipping a USA 2015  JK into the UK. Can anyone tell me a company who can perform the necessary changes for the UK. I live in Swindon, but will travel.

Cheers

• Platinum Member

Jim Olexa will be along with the info i reckon soon..

There are plenty of companies  around that will carry out the work- although better ti get a recommendation of people though

• Platinum Member

PB Customs might be able to help? They're located in Peterborough

• Platinum Member
Volant165

Hi Conrad,

I have brought two Jeeps in over five years and wanted someone who knew Jeeps AND the approval process so I opted for a place near US airbases. They know Jeeps, are an authorised Mopar parts dealer etc. More importantly they have a good relationship with the local approval agency who also knows Jeeps well, may save you serious headaches. Mildenhall Auto Service. If you want I can send you contact details. 

• Platinum Member
9 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Hi Conrad,

I have brought two Jeeps in over five years and wanted someone who knew Jeeps AND the approval process so I opted for a place near US airbases. They know Jeeps, are an authorised Mopar parts dealer etc. More importantly they have a good relationship with the local approval agency who also knows Jeeps well, may save you serious headaches. Mildenhall Auto Service. If you want I can send you contact details. 

Yes please, I’d really appreciate their contact details. Can you post them here or send to conradparker82@gmail.com. Many thanks for that. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
On 03/05/2020 at 19:35, Conrad said:

Hi, I am shipping a USA 2015  JK into the UK. Can anyone tell me a company who can perform the necessary changes for the UK. I live in Swindon, but will travel.

Cheers

1. Get your EU compliance cert from Jeep, you can only do this through Jeep if its paid off. This helps greatly. 

2. You need to splice in the front indicators to the side markers or better yet, get type approved such as the Rugged Ridge Flat Fenders with the sidelight visible to pass the tests. 
3. Rear lights can go two ways
     a. Putco European rear led lights, amber indicators so you're set
     b. Wiring of the indicators from the front to the rear and replace your reverse light with an amber one. 
     c. Relocate your Reverse light wire to a separate light, such as many aftermarket reverse lights and/or flood light, 2x2 cube for example. 
4. Emissions you'll be grand as its a 50 state emissions which has to pass California tests so they exceed European standards. 

5. If you've halogen they are angled somewhat for LHD, Jeep makes LED upgrades so the pattern is flat, passing tests as the centre spot is universal and doesn't dazzle anyone either side (you'll find this universal now with LED headlights in vehicles)
6. Rear Fog light, easily installed and wired to a blank in the lower dash
7. Full tank of fuel as the IVA want a full tank for some reason

Jim, anything I miss?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
On 01/06/2020 at 10:26, IrishMick said:

1. Get your EU compliance cert from Jeep, you can only do this through Jeep if its paid off. This helps greatly. 

2. You need to splice in the front indicators to the side markers or better yet, get type approved such as the Rugged Ridge Flat Fenders with the sidelight visible to pass the tests. 
3. Rear lights can go two ways
     a. Putco European rear led lights, amber indicators so you're set
     b. Wiring of the indicators from the front to the rear and replace your reverse light with an amber one. 
     c. Relocate your Reverse light wire to a separate light, such as many aftermarket reverse lights and/or flood light, 2x2 cube for example. 
4. Emissions you'll be grand as its a 50 state emissions which has to pass California tests so they exceed European standards. 

5. If you've halogen they are angled somewhat for LHD, Jeep makes LED upgrades so the pattern is flat, passing tests as the centre spot is universal and doesn't dazzle anyone either side (you'll find this universal now with LED headlights in vehicles)
6. Rear Fog light, easily installed and wired to a blank in the lower dash
7. Full tank of fuel as the IVA want a full tank for some reason

Jim, anything I miss?

Thanks for that Irish Mick, really helpful. All the IVA sites are still closed so I’m waiting to get started.