Jump to content
Volant165

COVID-19 UPDATE

Recommended Posts

Volant165

COVID-19 UPDATE

 

Dear Club Members,

 

The senior team hopes that you and yours are keeping healthy and safe.

 

As we continue to navigate these uncharted waters, we are keeping an eye on when we will be able to make a break and resume our outdoor Jeep activities. We want to thank our club supporters who are standing by us during this unforeseen challenge and remind you to make them a first port of call should you need any of their products or services. Also, thank you to those that wrote in support of GLASS' efforts with Wayfarer. Let's make sure there are still Green Lanes to drive when this is over. 

 

The club continues to follow government guidelines and our hope is that given the nature, size, and social distancing that is inherent to our events that we will be able to enjoy some this calendar year.

 

Our biggest event like everything else is on hold until we get clear direction on government guidelines. For now and given the situation, our Summer Camp would likely be a more condensed version of a normal one. Perhaps just a Friday to Sunday event -- but fingers crossed that we will be able to still hold a lite version of one in August. We all could use a beverage around a campfire! (Socially distancing of course)

 

So, stay safe. Give your Jeeps some TLC in this extended pit stop. Fit some of those bits you bought and never got around to fitting!

Speak soon.

 

Jim

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PDB

Thanks Jim.

 

I've ticked a few of those suggestions. Maybe it will have to be a case of regional camps to keep numbers down and distanced, and reduce risks of inter-regional travel?

 

We will know more as the Government makes plans for re-integration transparent in due course. Fingers crossed for a summer camp - typical how this time the jeep is ready, but the conditions maybe not!

 

Looking forward to catching up in person sometime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Volant165

Hi Everyone,

 

I hope you are staying safe and well, and that many of those Jeep projects have been ticked off the list!

 

As an update to the above, we are waiting on our chosen campground who in turn is waiting on the government to relax restrictions but only when it is safe to do so. 

 

As soon as we can, we will confirm and provide pricing, details, and tickets for Summer Camp. For now, we have two offroad sites. One for Saturday the 15th of August, and another one for Sunday the 16th of August. We hope to hold a variety of socially distant type activities at each site. All of this is up in the air of course depending on what Covid has in store. For now, plan on Jeepin' in the South!

 

Stay safe out there Jeepers.

 

 

Jim

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
geoff meadows

Looks like a good  weekend  your planning 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PDB

Good to hear from you Geoff.

 

What county are you planning on eventing in Jim?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

guidelines