So what do you want to do once we can go out again ?

Stu2985

• Area Representative

Hi everyone .  I hope you are all ok and doing whatever you need to do in these current times.

So whilst we are in semi lockdown or working and to help get the old grey matter working  I was wondering what sort of trips or events would you good folks like to see organised once we are virus free,

Has anyone got anything planned or what would you like to do or what would be a good event for JOC to look at,

Lets have some ideas - no promises but if its a good idea who knows

• Platinum Member
geoff meadows

Hi stu some ideas green lane trips thetford forest ,Salisbury  plain  and coast to coast that's a good  drive. drumclog  off road site . And if people have the time a british version of Peterson's ultimate  adventure

• Area Representative

Hi Gepff hope you are well.  Whats Petrsons ultima

te adventure ?

• Platinum Member
geoff meadows

Have a look on you tube a week long trip alternating road travel / exploration  days with offroad site days

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
On 29/03/2020 at 14:06, Stu2985 said:

Hi everyone .  I hope you are all ok and doing whatever you need to do in these current times.

So whilst we are in semi lockdown or working and to help get the old grey matter working  I was wondering what sort of trips or events would you good folks like to see organised once we are virus free,

Has anyone got anything planned or what would you like to do or what would be a good event for JOC to look at,

Lets have some ideas - no promises but if its a good idea who knows

Hi Stu, well I had got a Lake District lanes trip booked for May but that’s a gonner ☹️. Then had a mid Wales one pencilled in for July which looks unlikely now too. Sooooo....... now just spending some of the extra free time planning a 3 or 4 day, 2 or three campsite trip for Wales for whenever we can get out again, maybe late Summer / Autumn. Probably be Llandovery to Dolgellau with a bit of Strata, Horseshoe and Carwash to blow out the cobwebs and dust off the Jeep and some beers round the campfire after a long stretch of social distancing   😎

Edited by TimC

• Area Representative

Over 5000 members and  only 82 views of this thread.  Come on folks people must have some thoughts.

I will be organising a non JOC event at Hawkstone again once it is allowed.   Just wondering what others want to do .

• Platinum Member

Once we are allowed out again I will be taking the Jeep, Wife and Dogs out to Elan Valley again. Love it down there. Might even do a few lanes en-route.

None Jeep related the Mini needs new tyres and then a good thrashing around as well...... 

• Platinum Member
Stew the Jeep

What about Non JOC event at Hawkstone Will Market Drayton Round table be running it??

Edited by Stew the Jeep
Stella

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
On 09/04/2020 at 12:55, Stu2985 said:

Over 5000 members and  only 82 views of this thread.  Come on folks people must have some thoughts.

I will be organising a non JOC event at Hawkstone again once it is allowed.   Just wondering what others want to do .

Hi Stu, when you say “some thoughts” do you mean some thoughts about what JOC events people would like to see? If so then my thoughts, for what they’re worth, are a few more lanes trips would be nice, maybe something like Geoff suggested, lanes and site days combined. Basically Summer Camp on a much smaller scale but more often. I know these sort of things are hard to organise though.

Cheers

Tim  

• Area Representative

Good ideas folks and things to think about . Always good to know peoples thoughts on what they want to don

• Platinum Member
On 24/04/2020 at 22:54, PDB said:

Yes thats how I feel about it Tim. Numbers are an issue in one place. Perhaps regional trips to reduce travel and spread numbers, rotating through to meet new folk/catch up?

Yeah Paolo, it’s nice to have the big get togethers like Summer Camp and Slindon with 50+ Jeeps but you can’t do that every month. Smaller meets for a few lanes with maybe 4-6 Jeeps on a more frequent basis would be fun, maybe on a regional level as you suggest. Still cool to see even half a dozen `Jeeps out together and takes less planning, spreads the load a bit too. Maybe when we are out of lockdown something small could be run every other month or so?

• 5 months later...
  • Platinum Member
Marcus Durand

Laning days would be my preference. That way we can have small groups and we don't have to worry so much about social distancing and can keep to the "rule of six".

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Marcus Durand said:

Laning days would be my preference. That way we can have small groups and we don't have to worry so much about social distancing and can keep to the "rule of six".

There are some great lanes in the Surrey Hills area. We have run any JOC Trips there. I suspect will be overgrown from summer growth so be prepared to do some trimming back! Not Sure what lanes are open anymore in that area but I remember there are a couple that have a seasonal restriction on them.  Here's one of the events I ran back then! 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

Would love to do some lanes in Hampshire or Surry or even a bit further afield. sounds like a fantastic idea 👍🤩

Always happy with "trimming back the summer growth"🤣🤣

• Platinum Member

Done a lot of the Surrey lanes ( a good few years back - LOL ) and there always a good day out back in the day. 

Not local for me anymore but would happily travel down for a day on the lanes. Just getting back into off road after a break of several years 😁

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
7 minutes ago, Mike WK2 said:

Done a lot of the Surrey lanes ( a good few years back - LOL ) and there always a good day out back in the day. 

Not local for me anymore but would happily travel down for a day on the lanes. Just getting back into off road after a break of several years 😁

Liking the sound of that a lot 😃 Same thing here as I havent had a 4x4 for a few years

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

Salisbury Plains is a fantastic place, went up there a few times when i had a pajero with the Pajero Owners Club. Lot of good memories but that was a lot of years ago now ☹️ Would be great to go back there again and it is an awesome place for off roading 👍😍

• Platinum Member

Some gr8 ideas here .

Once I can get out again I'll be up for some events.

I'm  keen to see some activities  with a bit of competition thrown in. For this reason I was looking forward to Aldermarston  again because I understood  something a little different  was being planned for then.

Salisbury plain looks good , I've not been  4x4 off road there except in a Tank!

I hope to go to   Stu's  Punch Hunt.  Surely it would be a lot of fun if we could have  we have something similar as a JOC event.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
1 minute ago, Jim said:

That would be good so let me know when you are down in Ipswich.

I can do weekdays and weekends so whenever works good for you

Cool! Weekdays are probably better for me at the moment. The '93 is fit and ready, but the '01 is waiting for fabricator to finish the exhaust on 9th November. I'm going to repair the melted downstream Oxygen sensor harness tomorrow, but it's out of action until the exhaust is legal again. The '01 has the winch. From what I can remember of Thetford it's fairly flat.

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark
22 minutes ago, Arno said:

Salisbury Plains is always good.. would not mind that 😉

Also Surry hills was also a good trip

If there is enough interest maybe we can arrange something at either. I think Salisbury Plains is open all year round, just the risk of getting blown up 🤣🤣🤣 - Spice of life and all that 🤣🤣🤣

• Platinum Member
spookie the aardvark

"non-paintwork friendly lanes" Jim???????????? isn't that what a chainsaw is for? The two stroke paintwork protector that works even better than Raptor paint 👍🤩