Breckland Forest

V

• Platinum Member

I entered the road-book featured in Total Off-road Magazine July 2016 into OSMaps today. The route is in the Lakenheath, Mildenhall, Thetford area. I am not aware that I have driven any of it before. The route is advertised as soft-roader friendly in the magazine. I thought it may be interesting to people that don't own Wranglers to try. There are a lot of byways close to the route that the road-book author omitted. I would like to check these additional byways out at some point if nobody has any information on them.

I will be in that area next week but I am still not sure if I can do a weekday recce (weather permitting).

Please download the attached GPX file and upload into your favourite GPS mapping tool to view.

Breckland Forest TOR JUL16.gpx

• Platinum Member
34 minutes ago, V said:

I entered the road-book featured in Total Off-road Magazine July 2016 into OSMaps today. The route is in the Lakenheath, Mildenhall, Thetford area. I am not aware that I have driven any of it before. The route is advertised as soft-roader friendly in the magazine. I thought it may be interesting to people that don't own Wranglers to try. There are a lot of byways close to the route that the road-book author omitted. I would like to check these additional byways out at some point if nobody has any information on them.

I will be in that area next week but I am still not sure if I can do a weekday recce (weather permitting).

Please download the attached GPX file and upload into your favourite GPS mapping tool to view.

Breckland Forest TOR JUL16.gpx 68.5 kB · 2 downloads

Done a few round there Vince, I’d agree they are not too extreme, last time I took the Wrangler I didn’t actually shift to 4WD. They are still a good day out to drive in the country though, definitely worth doing.