Speedfest POLL

Volant165

American Speedfest Yes or No We need your input ASAP!!  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you definitely plan on being on the JOC stand..........

• Saturday only
    • Sunday only
    • Both Days
    • No, give it a miss this year

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/02/20 at 19:31

• Platinum Member

48 hour poll regarding Speedfest which we are thinking of NOT attending this year

• Volant165 changed the title to Speedfest POLL
  • Volant165 featured and pinned this topic
20 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Ok everyone, low turnout at the polls so far. 24 hours left. 

Jim,

Does the turnout speak volumes in itself? 

• Platinum Member

I agree Neal. Although it was fun to go and an enjoyable day out , I felt it was always more of a racing event than a 4x4 event. Lifted Wranglers never seemed to fit, SRTs and Trackhawks.........different story. Maybe JOC should take a Club stand at the 4x4 Expo instead? Chris was there a couple of years ago for the club I remember( and last year for PB customs too I think?) 

• Platinum Member

..........maybe the poll turnout would have been better on Face book rather than the forum??

26 minutes ago, TimC said:

I agree Neal. Although it was fun to go and an enjoyable day out , I felt it was always more of a racing event than a 4x4 event. Lifted Wranglers never seemed to fit, SRTs and Trackhawks.........different story. Maybe JOC should take a Club stand at the 4x4 Expo instead? Chris was there a couple of years ago for the club I remember( and last year for PB customs too I think?) 

Tim, agree lifted Wranglers on the off-road course was fun, but as you say, not really fast enough. Even if we did raise a bit for charity. Wouldn’t want to go back if we were stuck up on the field like the first year

• Platinum Member

Ironically the poll reflects the stand turnout for the past four years.

The 4x4 rides actually was a bigger draw for our club, and MSV approached us to do that. We did not approach them. Like the monster truck rides, they were trying to add to the "American" theme and give more variety to the event. 

Having said that, MSV does not grasp the fact that Jeep can actually produce the fastest SUV so even if we do a Trackhawk/SRT focus there only seems to be enough draw for 15 or so not 30 each day. 

1 hour ago, TimC said:

..........maybe the poll turnout would have been better on Face book rather than the forum??

We need to poll members-only-forum as it relates to those we could have on our stand. Our FB and social media cascade to too wide of an audience for this particular poll. 

• Platinum Member
1 hour ago, TimC said:

Hi Tim, we did and we had a display out in the parking lot as well. Then they had to change venues and the organiser Dave explained at length why it was just not practical at the new venue so we displayed inside only at the new venue. Again, good show like speedfest -- but better as attendees versus static display. Perhaps start a biannual rota.

• Platinum Member
14 hours ago, Volant165 said:

Hi Tim, we did and we had a display out in the parking lot as well. Then they had to change venues and the organiser Dave explained at length why it was just not practical at the new venue so we displayed inside only at the new venue. Again, good show like speedfest -- but better as attendees versus static display. Perhaps start a biannual rota.

have you looked at more local events?  

This gets a great turn out - https://www.coventrymotofest.com/live-motorsport/

• Platinum Member

Last year it conflicted with Speedfest. Did you go last year? This looks fun.

• Platinum Member

Thanks everyone for the PM’s and text messages! I will summarise and update tonight after 7pm.......

• Platinum Member
On 07/02/2020 at 13:11, Volant165 said:

Last year it conflicted with Speedfest. Did you go last year? This looks fun.

I’ve not been. Have heard it’s a good weekend. 

• Jules locked this topic
  • stewart unfeatured and unpinned this topic