my leak is still there

fen01

• Platinum Member

What year manufacture ?

Got an April 2007 build and the main leak I've had since new even after replacing the seals,  is around the rear tail gate.

It  drips onto the rear carpeting at each end of the tailgate and with the vehicle parked on a slight forward facing slope, the water would travel into the tool storage area and then down into the back foot-wells. I've mitigated this  by placing water proof tape and patch of rubber sheeting on the floor area,  in combination with absorbent  cloths in the problem areas + silicon grease on the seal.

Did get a little in  front foot well a while back, but that was due to worn-out / flatted foam padding on inside of door frame, which by adding a little more from seal kit appears to have solved.

Always rub in some silicon grease onto the windscreen header seal seal once a year

• Platinum Member
4 hours ago, BLUE STAR said:

What year manufacture ?

Got an April 2007 build and the main leak I've had since new even after replacing the seals,  is around the rear tail gate.

It  drips onto the rear carpeting at each end of the tailgate and with the vehicle parked on a slight forward facing slope, the water would travel into the tool storage area and then down into the back foot-wells. I've mitigated this  by placing water proof tape and patch of rubber sheeting on the floor area,  in combination with absorbent  cloths in the problem areas + silicon grease on the seal.

Did get a little in  front foot well a while back, but that was due to worn-out / flatted foam padding on inside of door frame, which by adding a little more from seal kit appears to have solved.

Always rub in some silicon grease onto the windscreen header seal seal once a year

2015.  It's had all the seals replaced under warranty.

To be honest i think the heavy rain we've had over the last 2 days may have been the issue, and it's not been moved for 3 days.

• Platinum Member

Mine too Fen, I've given up worrying about it. All the time it's been in the shop and amount of seals changed,  although it's only the near side door now. I just change the newspaper under the slush mats when necessary.

I've also pulled the windscreen seal back and squeezed sealer in it, on advice. No luck.

Hey ho eh.

Replacement seals last year for me too.  Seemed to be ok, until I took sunriders off a few times in the summer.  Try to follow the guidelines, but I'm obviously not getting the tolerance right!!

Get slush mats Fen, it makes it easier to live with.

• Platinum Member
16 minutes ago, Matt said:

Replacement seals last year for me too.  Seemed to be ok, until I took sunriders off a few times in the summer.  Try to follow the guidelines, but I'm obviously not getting the tolerance right!!

Get slush mats Fen, it makes it easier to live with.

👍

Although I've worn a hole in the drivers mat under my boot heel so was dripping water off the boot through to the carpet, till I noticed ffs.

Gonna try to get a rht hand drive single slush, in the mean time an old audi mat on top 😂

• Platinum Member

i've got slush mats and have fitted those now, after 3 days of towels trying to dry out the carpets.

• Like 1

• Platinum Member
On 17/01/2020 at 20:49, fen01 said:

i've got slush mats and have fitted those now, after 3 days of towels trying to dry out the carpets.

When mine got soaked in the past, I took them out, gave them a good fling around and most of the water just evacuated its self with them being so light & airy